Smartboard

<b>Forum for teachers teaching adult education </b>

Moderators: Dimitris, maneki neko2, Lorikeet, Enrico Palazzo, superpeach, cecil2, Mr. Kalgukshi2

meorbust

Smartboard

Post by meorbust » Thu Mar 27, 2008 1:52 pm

I am searching for good ideas and Internet sites which provide good ideas and lesson plans for using smartboards in the classroom FOR ADULTS. Everything I have found is geared for high school and younger. Any info is appreciated. Thanks. Feel free to PM me.

Luke Zimmermann

Post by Luke Zimmermann » Tue Apr 15, 2008 12:10 pm

At the college I work we all use smartboards all the time. The most common thing we all do is to scan pages from our textbooks and workbooks into PDF and then project them onto the Smartboard. I've learnt to use the textbooks in a new way and the students love to get involved in filling in the gaps and other exercises.

Sorry, I don't know any websites.

melichan857

Do you get sound?

Post by melichan857 » Tue Apr 15, 2008 8:43 pm

Nice idea about scanning textbook pages.

If you get audio as well as visual display, you might consider playing clips from the Australia Network or BBC learning English website.

I have had good success with these. If you don't get sound, maybe PowerPoint might help "mix things up". I've never used them, but there seem to be a few PowerPoint presentations out there on the internet that other ESL teachers have used in class.

Melissa

Mel's ESL Megasearch- search 100's of ESL websites simultaneously

Luke Zimmermann

Post by Luke Zimmermann » Wed Apr 16, 2008 7:31 am

Yes we have sound and have used PowerPoint and various websites with sound. One thing that worked really well was using student video clips from their mobiles and transfer, or bluetooth, them to the computer. Students then gave presetations with their video clips on the Smartboard. This was a great project and, incidentally, with very low level learners.