Pen Pals Needed

<b> Forum for teachers who'd like to coordinate keypal projects with other teachers </b>

Moderators: Dimitris, maneki neko2, Lorikeet, Enrico Palazzo, superpeach, cecil2, Mr. Kalgukshi2

lizlazarus

Pen Pals Needed

Post by lizlazarus » Mon Oct 10, 2005 2:32 pm

I am teaching English in Japan to Junior High School Kids (12-15). I have an idea for a project where the kids make passports/journal books with info about themselves and their culture and exchange them and then each student is given one from another country. after that they write a letter to a specific person. i am working with 40 and possibly 20-25 more.

if you are interested please respond.

looking foward to hearing from you

liz

joshua2004

Post by joshua2004 » Tue Oct 11, 2005 11:41 pm

Hello, I work at a private middle school in Mexico. I have students aged 12-15 who are intermediate to advanced. They could easily do a project like you describe and I would love to involve my students. I personally have 74 students and could find more if you have other teachers interested.

I am really interested in setting up keypals or penpals for my school. However, I don´t know exactly how to do it. Would students send emails to each other and by pass the teacher in the process? Would we physically send the letters, which could get expensive? Would we scan the correspondence and there by giving us a huge amount of extra work? I am committed to finding a solution but would love to hear how others have managed it.