Language holiday statistics

<b> Forum for teachers who'd like to coordinate keypal projects with other teachers </b>

Moderators: Dimitris, maneki neko2, Lorikeet, Enrico Palazzo, superpeach, cecil2, Mr. Kalgukshi2

trixie33

Language holiday statistics

Post by trixie33 » Wed Feb 27, 2008 9:33 pm

Hi! I'm in the process of planning my own school in England. I'll mostly be catering for business clients who need 2-3 week residential intensive courses, but I'm having some trouble with market research.
Does anyone out there know where I can get hold of statistics regarding numbers of students in residential courses for the years 2002-2007? If it could be broken down into nationalities, types of course and even where in the UK they studied, that would also be fantastic. Individual schools are naturally reticent about this type of thing. Should I approach the Education Boards of the various countries, or is there an ESL site that has this kind of info? I've looked, but can't seem to find anything. I've already contacted the British Council and English UK, and they gave me some numbers, but it's better to have too much info than too little. Thanks!