Looking for 18 Korean students for Korea - UAE exchange

<b> Forum for teachers who'd like to coordinate keypal projects with other teachers </b>

Moderators: Dimitris, maneki neko2, Lorikeet, Enrico Palazzo, superpeach, cecil2, Mr. Kalgukshi2

julian.peachey

Looking for 18 Korean students for Korea - UAE exchange

Post by julian.peachey » Sat Aug 20, 2016 8:05 am

I’m looking for class of 18 Korean undergraduates to take part in a cross-cultural exchange with 18 female students from Zayed University in Abu Dhabi in the UAE where I work.

Our students will be working on a project based on an exchange of information (in English) with a student from Korea, and will also do some background research into the country and its culture. Your students would not be obliged to replicate our project and may have some other task to complete, such as a presentation or an essay. I think it could be a mutually beneficial experience. There is a lot of interest in Korea in the UAE, and a lot of technical and economic cooperation between the two countries at present.

The exchange would last 2-3 weeks and communication would be via What’s App, Skype and Evernote Pro (licence paid for).

From a practical point of view, we’d need to start the collaboration around the end of August, though there may be a little flexibility. There are some cultural limitations as well: our male and female students don’t mix and we’d ideally need females only. However it may be possible to pair male students up with a male class here.

Would you be interested? It would be great to work with you on this project!