Japanese university students are looking for keypals!

<b> Forum for teachers who'd like to coordinate keypal projects with other teachers </b>

Moderators: Dimitris, maneki neko2, Lorikeet, Enrico Palazzo, superpeach, cecil2, Mr. Kalgukshi2

naoko

Japanese university students are looking for keypals!

Post by naoko » Mon Apr 11, 2005 1:52 pm

:) I teach Internet English for college students aged 19-21 in Obirin Junior College in Tokyo, Japan.
I would like to start keypal project from April to July 2005.
During this project, students have great opportunities to improve writing skills, understand different cultures and making friends abroad.

The project will have three main topics for discussion.
(1) School life (April-May)--- self-introduction, and college life
(2) Cultures(June)---learn about partner's culture including food, festival, holidays, etc.
(3)Video letter exchange(July)---make video letters for partners and exchange letters.

The number of my class is about 20, and my students are very looking forward to exchanging messages with keypals in other countries.

Please contact with me throuth the following email address if you are interested in the project !!

[email protected]

Naoko
Obirin Junior College

Meri Golden

Keypals

Post by Meri Golden » Thu Oct 06, 2005 7:39 pm

I read about your project with Junior College students that you wanted to complete by July '05. How did you project go? Would you be interested in running it again between either August - December '06 or January - May '07? If so, please contact me. I teach an Intercultural Communication course at a community college in Minnesota, USA and would like to work on such a project. You can contact me at [email protected]