English Major Chinese University Students need Keypals.

<b> Forum for teachers who'd like to coordinate keypal projects with other teachers </b>

Moderators: Dimitris, maneki neko2, Lorikeet, Enrico Palazzo, superpeach, cecil2, Mr. Kalgukshi2

oiboy

English Major Chinese University Students need Keypals.

Post by oiboy » Sat Apr 30, 2005 3:14 am

I'm currently teaching a writing class to sophmore and junior students in Hunan, China. I thought it would be interesting to setup a snail mail /email pen pal/key pal concept with a writing class in another country. If there are any university teachers who would like to undertake this project with me please feel free to PM me or email me at [email protected] . My students have written some introduction letters and have taken interesting pictures of themselves already. I hope the first correspondence can be via snail mail first, then moved to email.

With this project I hope to enrich my students perspective on life in different countries.
Last edited by oiboy on Mon May 16, 2005 10:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.

oiboy

Post by oiboy » Wed May 11, 2005 10:20 am

bump!

S.A. Meyerhoff

Asian Connections

Post by S.A. Meyerhoff » Mon May 30, 2005 8:28 am

Oi Boy,

Okinawa is not that far from China.
I have students from two institutions participating on our online forum. Half the students are English majors, and the other half belong to the International Communications department at a separate institution. In fact, some students are studying both English and Chinese.

Our online forum can be found at:
http://www.freeboards.net/?mforum=meyerhoffstuden

Hope this may be of interest.

Best,

S.A. Meyerhoff/