Pen Pals for 27 form 3 Malaysian students

<b> Forum for teachers who'd like to coordinate keypal projects with other teachers </b>

Moderators: Dimitris, maneki neko2, Lorikeet, Enrico Palazzo, superpeach, cecil2, Mr. Kalgukshi2

adiafzal

Pen Pals for 27 form 3 Malaysian students

Post by adiafzal » Wed May 18, 2005 2:46 pm

Ahlan-wa-sahlan, Salam Sejahtera & Hello,

I'm looking for a collaboration with another teacher teaching in a European country or a Native Speaker country on this penpal project. Before I proceed, allow me to give some info about my students.

They are 27 form 3 (15 years old) boys from the best class.
They can understand English very well but they have some problems in writing grammatically correct sentences.
They are very well-behaved and are keen to improve their mastery of English language.
They will be sitting for a National Examination in October.

To give you some ideas of the kind of school where I'm teaching, do surf to my website http://www.geocities.com/teylteacher/

I would like to suggest that rather than let the students talk about anything and everything under the sun, we, the teachers, set a few topics for them to write (at least, initially) to their pen-pals. For example:

First letter: Introduction about self, family, school, country.
Second letter: Festivals and celebrations
Third letter: The education system
And so on and so forth.

Method: snail mail (sorry about that).
Proposed date for this project: July 2005
Duration: 3-4 months

Anyway, if you are interested, do email me at [email protected]

Thank you for reading my post.

Yours truly,

Adi Afzal Ahmad
SMK Agama Arau,
02600 Arau,
Perlis,
MALAYSIA.

Valentin

Post by Valentin » Thu Feb 16, 2006 10:19 pm

Hi,
Here is a a language exchange website where you can find a lot of penpals and everybody there is willing to learn languages and help each others. www.sharedtalk.com
:D Val