Junior high students in Japan looking for penfriends

<b> Forum for teachers who'd like to coordinate keypal projects with other teachers </b>

Moderators: Dimitris, maneki neko2, Lorikeet, Enrico Palazzo, superpeach, cecil2, Mr. Kalgukshi2

goblinrocker

Junior high students in Japan looking for penfriends

Post by goblinrocker » Wed Jun 01, 2005 7:34 am

My name is Daniel Simmons and I'm an English teacher at a junior high school in central Japan.

My Japanese junior high school students are eager to practice their nascent English skills with others from different countries who are around the same age (13-16). There are 27 students in my class, and their English is pretty basic at this point; they've had two and a half years of formal instruction but their level varies.

My students are primarily interested in corresponding with students from other Asian countries (particularly China or South Korea, since relations between those countries and Japan could definitely use a positive boost at this point!). But we would be willing to communicate with similarly-aged ESL students in other countries, too.

Our preferred mode of communication is via snail-mail (letters and/or postcards), but we could also do e-mail if that works out better.

If you think your students could benefit from a penpal relationship with mine, please don't hesitate to contact me!

many thanks, and best wishes,
Daniel Simmons

Valentin

Post by Valentin » Thu Feb 16, 2006 10:19 pm

Hi,
Here is a a language exchange website where you can find a lot of penpals and everybody there is willing to learn languages and help each others. www.sharedtalk.com
:D Val

vab40

ESL penpals

Post by vab40 » Wed Feb 22, 2006 12:50 am

I have 27 English speaking students, ages 11-14 who wish to correspond with students from another country. Please contact me if you are interested! Thank you. V Buehler, Central Middle School, Kansas, USA ([email protected])