Looking for Elementary School Penpals!!

<b> Forum for teachers who'd like to coordinate keypal projects with other teachers </b>

Moderators: Dimitris, maneki neko2, Lorikeet, Enrico Palazzo, superpeach, cecil2, Mr. Kalgukshi2

moogen

Looking for Elementary School Penpals!!

Post by moogen » Thu Oct 06, 2005 5:35 am

Hi! My name is Paul, and I'm teaching English in Japan. I'm looking for elementary school penpals (culture sharing email pals, to be honest :) ) for 6th graders! This is to mostly to give our students a chance to learn about school life in other countries, and actually getting a chance to USE English in a practical situation! With your help, the students would write a very brief email, on different topics like: today's lunch menu, our school pet, our sports festival, etc. Scans of hand hand written descriptions, photos, recorded sound clips would make it even more exciting for the kids!! Please let me know if you're interested, thanks all!!

Paul
Here's a link better describing what I'm trying to do:
http://www.genkienglish.net/schoollunchproject.htm

mesmark

Post by mesmark » Thu Oct 06, 2005 2:00 pm

Paul or anyone interested - I have some elementary school students who are dying to do project exchanges. Although we are both in Japan my students would still like to do a project exchange.

My students have already done the project so you can just download it and do it with your students and share our completed project with them. When you're finished email a couple of yours back to me.

www.mes-english.com/vkeypals/supers.html

It's a project where students create their own superhero and then write-up a report about their superhero and a superhero from their country.

I'd be willing to do the GenkiEnglish project with you as well. I'd like to make a menu for their own rest. if possible. Just drop me an email.

Mark
www.mes-english.com

moogen

Post by moogen » Tue Oct 11, 2005 7:56 am

Hey Mark!
Thanks, I'll see if I can do the same thing with my classes. I'm teaching in Saitama, Japan, so it might not be as exciting since we're both in the same country :P Let's see if we can get some folks from other countries first :D Anyone interested with culture sharing for 11-12 yr olds in Japan (or any age there abouts), please email me at [email protected] Thanks!!

Paul