Loads of keypals needed

<b> Forum for teachers who'd like to coordinate keypal projects with other teachers </b>

Moderators: Dimitris, maneki neko2, Lorikeet, Enrico Palazzo, superpeach, cecil2, Mr. Kalgukshi2

carol80

Loads of keypals needed

Post by carol80 » Thu Oct 06, 2005 9:03 am

Hi everyone!
I'm and English teacher in Spain and I have 25 students (9-10 years old) and 40 sts (12-13 y.o.) who would like to make friends all over the world or exchange mails with people of a different country. We could talk about school, culture, differences between girls and boys and stuff like that. Is anyone interested??? We've just started classes and I think they would really like to have something like this going on... i'm even thinking of starting a blog.

Thanks to you all in advance
Carol

mesmark

Post by mesmark » Thu Oct 06, 2005 1:55 pm

Carol or anyone interested - I have some elementary school students who are dying to do project exchanges. Email is a bit difficult for this group but you may be interested in the project exchange.

My students have already done the project so you can just download it and do it with your students and share our completed project with them. When you're finished email a couple of yours back to me.

www.mes-english.com/vkeypals/supers.htm

It's a project where students create their own superhero and then write-up a report about their superhero and a superhero from their country.

I hope to hear from you.

Mark

carol80

Love it!

Post by carol80 » Fri Oct 07, 2005 8:00 am

Hi Mark,
that page is great!! i'm going to do the superhero project with my students, we don't have access to computer during the classes, so it might take me a bit longer to send you the projects but I'll start with them in a month or so... we're starting with present simple this week, so I think that'll be like a kind of prize for their hard work.

Write to you soon and thanks for the link.
Carol

mesmark

Great!

Post by mesmark » Sat Oct 08, 2005 12:05 pm

Carol - I'll let my kids know you're thinking of doing the project. They'll be thrilled.

If you'd like to do a self intro exchange or anything else to go along with it, please let me know. I have about 15 students (upper ele.) in total. They might get to work if they know someone will write back. :D

- Mark

carol80

hi again

Post by carol80 » Sat Oct 08, 2005 1:54 pm

Hi Mark,
yeah i'd love to do some kind of exchange first, i'll tell one of my classes and we can exchange some introductory mails so they get to know each other and see then each other's projects, what do you think about it? I think that'll motivate them much more as they'll have an external audience.

Talk to you soon
Carol

moogen

Post by moogen » Tue Oct 11, 2005 7:51 am

Hey Carol!
I'm an English taecher in Japan. My students are 11-12, and would like to do a culture exchange with people around the world. Their level is pretty low, so we'd like to do the culture exchange as a class. We would send you an email about one aspect of the culture here, for example, today's lunch menu, our shool pets, weather, cartoons, etc. Then you could write something back as a class about the same thing in your country! If interested, please email me at [email protected]. I have a ton of classes, so the more, the merrier! Thanks to any who want to particpate :D

Paul

joshua2004

Post by joshua2004 » Tue Oct 11, 2005 11:50 pm

I teach intermediate and advanced English at a middle school in Mexico (12-15 year olds). I am very interested in doing exchanges as well. How are teachers managing this considering time and cost restraints? Are you having students directly email each other? Are you mailing the correspondence? How are you managing these kinds of projects?

thanks,

Josh