Slovak students /15-16yrs/ looking for keypals

<b> Forum for teachers who'd like to coordinate keypal projects with other teachers </b>

Moderators: Dimitris, maneki neko2, Lorikeet, Enrico Palazzo, superpeach, cecil2, Mr. Kalgukshi2

Luba

Slovak students /15-16yrs/ looking for keypals

Post by Luba » Tue Oct 11, 2005 5:43 pm

Hello, my name is Luba and Im a teacher of English in Slovakia. I teach at high school and I promised my students to find them keypals as they die to communicate in English.

If any of you, the teachers, is interested, please, let me know and I would be really happy if I could keep my promise I gave my students :).

Thank you.

Have a wonderful fall/autumn day...I hope you have as beautiful Indian summer as we have here in Slovakia...

Luba

[email protected]

snroman

Keypals for your students?

Post by snroman » Tue Dec 27, 2005 7:37 pm

Dear Luba, have you found a group to write to your students? I am an ESL teacher in North Carolina, USA. I have about 25 students, aged 14-18, a range of ability levels. If you are still interested, please let me know and we can see if we can set up an exchange. Thanks, Sarah Noll Roman

kbmiller

Interested in keypals?

Post by kbmiller » Mon Jan 02, 2006 10:52 pm

I have students who are also looking for key pals--as an added bonus, we won a grant and would also be able to send you DVDs or VCDs that we've made about our lives in addition to email!

I don't know if you're looking for international or domestic, but I've got about 25 kids, too, 14-18.

PLEASE let me know if you're interested!!!!!

Kristin Miller
Richmond Virginia

snroman

Yes!

Post by snroman » Tue Jan 03, 2006 10:25 pm

Yes, I am definitely interested! can you tell me a little about your situation, your students, and what you have in mind? I haven't actually done anything like this before, but it seems like a really great way to make English real and meaningful to younger learners...my new semester will start around Jan. 20, so if we can communicate over the next week or 2 that would be great.

kbmiller

Post by kbmiller » Wed Jan 04, 2006 1:29 am

My new semester starts the next week after the 20th so that would be perfect! I too have a real range of levels from level 1 to practically fluent. If you want to click the PM button at the bottom of this post and send me a message with your email, I'll email you back.

I've also found a list of "topics" for the kids to discuss if you want to go that route or we can play it by ear. Do your kids have access to email like gaggle.net or would you want to do snail mail?

I've got approx. 9 level 1 students, and 20ish (they keep coming and going so the number is somewhat fluid, as I'm sure you know!) They're from all over the world although primarily Hispanic and quite a few African kids as well--We've got Mexico, El Salvador, Honduras, Colombia, Venezuela, Cuba, Puerto Rico, Liberia, Ghana, Congo, Sudan, Somalia, India, Afghanistan, and Vietnam represented. We have Christians, Muslims, Buddhists, Hindus, and everything in between! All are 14-18.

Thanks!

Kristin