Travel guide email exchange

<b> Forum for teachers who'd like to coordinate keypal projects with other teachers </b>

Moderators: Dimitris, maneki neko2, Lorikeet, Enrico Palazzo, superpeach, cecil2, Mr. Kalgukshi2

leonpalmer

Travel guide email exchange

Post by leonpalmer » Fri Jun 02, 2006 3:39 pm

My students are aged 16-18, study in London and are Asylum seekers from all over the world.

Are any teachers interested in allowing their students to answer some emails from our students asking them about the town they live or study in. They would ask questions about the weather, local attractions, festivals, sports, food etc for a travel guide my students are writing.

Your students can ask my students about any topic they want.

kusmartha

Post by kusmartha » Tue Aug 08, 2006 12:48 pm

Hi,
I am Martha, an English teacher in Northern Italy (German speaking part - South Tyrol) (highschool). I have a number of students aged 15 (intermediate level) and others aged 17 (upper-intermediate). We start school only mid-September but I am sure they would be interested in the travel-guide project (and, of course, want to ask your students lots of questions). How old are your students, what is their level of English? This would make it easier for me to decide which class to engage. Thanks for your answers,

Martha Stampfl

[email protected]

leonpalmer

E-pals

Post by leonpalmer » Wed Aug 23, 2006 3:25 pm

Hi Martha, yes I am interested in doing this. I have about 30 students at pre-intermediate and intermediate level who will be ready to start doing this in mid September. I have had quite a good response for this from english teachers in many countries so I am going to have to choose which students are best suited for my students. You students who are intermediate sound quite suitable for my students. Lets start in October if you like.

By the way, I have been to Sudtirol with my German relatives a couple of times. I have been skiiing there twice in Naturns and Brixem, and stayed at the beautiful Schloss Korb and been to lovely Bolzano too. Nice area

Regards,

Leon Palmer

kusmartha

Post by kusmartha » Fri Sep 15, 2006 2:30 pm

Hi,
at (pre)-intermediate level I have 15 students aged 15. I am sure they are really keen! - How interesting that you have been to this place - which is rather a blind spot for most (English) people (the place being neither German nor Italian). (Mostly they know Innsbruck - and the next place they know is Verona).

As you have experience with this sort of exchange, maybe, you are going to tell me how we go about it. Is it best to get everybody's e-mail address, so people then can do the tasks on a one to one basis?

Looking forward to the experience,

Martha