Penpals for Taiwanese students

<b> Forum for teachers who'd like to coordinate keypal projects with other teachers </b>

Moderators: Dimitris, maneki neko2, Lorikeet, Enrico Palazzo, superpeach, cecil2, Mr. Kalgukshi2

blackmagicABC

Penpals for Taiwanese students

Post by blackmagicABC » Wed Feb 27, 2008 8:50 pm

I don't know why this hasn't dawned on me earlier.
I have a school in Taiwan which has been in operation for 2 years and my students are now ready to engage in proper letter writing.
The main reason for me is that it is diificult to get the students interested in reading becauce they have nothing they read out of choice. I am hoping a letter from a friend would make that difference.
Any teacher in a country other than Taiwan who needs penpals for his/her students please contact me
[email protected]
If 500 people respond I can not respond to every student although I doubt if that would be the case.
Preferably I would like to receive mail (in letter form) with all the letter in one package and I will respond accordingly. This means the students have their own time to read and respond. The computer or e-mail may be a little tough for these youngsters.
They range from 9 to 12 and I promise the letters would not be uncomprehensible nonsense. I will check every letter and ensure that your students are reading correct English grammar if you do the same.