New Computer Programs?

<b> Forum for Academic Directors and Academic Coordinators </b>

Moderators: Dimitris, maneki neko2, Lorikeet, Enrico Palazzo, superpeach, cecil2, Mr. Kalgukshi2

davidjayp12

New Computer Programs?

Post by davidjayp12 » Sat Nov 24, 2012 8:41 am

Hello all,

I am looking to upgrade and implement new material into our Computer lab. Does anyone know of state of the art software that's worth having? We already have a variety of programs such as Side by Side, Interchange and a few others but they are starting to become dated, and I would really like to see something new, innovative and exciting for our students to use. If anyone knows of new language software that's fun and cutting edge, I'd greatly appreciate your input!!

JenPeck

Loogla

Post by JenPeck » Tue May 28, 2013 6:48 pm

Hi David. I have just joined the forums and am trying to rally support for the language learning platform I've dedicated the last several years of my life to building.

The nutshell version is that we let students go to any webpage in their target language on the web, and we transform it into an engaging, interactive learning environment. We've got teachers in several unified school districts help us beta test, and they love it. Here's the catch. It's only in Spanish right now. But we're in a grant competition in the state of Nevada (the only edtech company pitted against other industries!) and can win $100k if we win a popular vote.

Check our video at VoteLiteracy.com

If we win the grant, the first thing that we're going to do is retune the system for English. if this is the kind of system that you would like to use in your classroom, please vote and share!!
Like what we're doing? PLEASE vote and share!
THANK YOU in advance for any and all love you can send our way. I'd be happy to chat in greater detail about our project and how we can support you, create the tools you want, and more.

tomforsmo

Try gostudyit.com

Post by tomforsmo » Thu Jun 12, 2014 12:28 pm

Hi David, If you are still looking for an innovative way to use the Internet in your class, try www.gostudyit.com this is essentially a blog where your students can do their tasks and also embed videos, flashcards, mindmaps and topic maps. You as a teacher can create a campus where you can distibute your learning respurces or new tasks for your students.

To create a campus simlpy find your city and register a campus, if your students dont have e-mail accounts you can import them using a CSV- file in your manage campus area.

This is an easy and fun way to get your students to share and discuss their learning content.
If you have any questions, dont hesitate to ask.
You can reach me on skype tom.eilertsen.forsmo or e-mail [email protected]