Passing on client feedback - What's the best way?

<b> Forum for Academic Directors and Academic Coordinators </b>

Moderators: Dimitris, maneki neko2, Lorikeet, Enrico Palazzo, superpeach, cecil2, Mr. Kalgukshi2

Silly Mid-off

Passing on client feedback - What's the best way?

Post by Silly Mid-off » Thu May 29, 2008 9:48 am

Hi

I work for a rather big school (200+ teachers) and I'm currently trying to figure out what the best way to pass on positive client feedback is.

Talking to people personally is obviously the nicest way but not all our teachers spend a lot of time in the school building or are only there at very specific times. I would think it a bit unreasonable to call people in for a meeting and then tell them "You received positive feedback. Well done."

So, I've been trying to think about other options which may or may not include passing on the feedback in writing (brief note), sending them a text, doing it by email, mentioning it in meetings, posting it on a "roll of honour" board (?!) etc.

Our teachers come from all over the world and obviously there are also different ways people from different backgrounds perceive praise, i.e. some are happier to receive it in public than others.

Could I get some feedback (no pun intended) or ideas from people who work or have worked in a similarly large school?

Cheers

alexcase

Post by alexcase » Thu Jul 10, 2008 1:52 pm

I've never had to supervise more than 20 teachers, so no personal experience I'm afraid. I would imagine the best way, though, would be to just include it in regular one to one or written feedback rather than sending it out every time it comes in.

TEFLtastic blog- http://tefltastic.wordpress.com
Last edited by alexcase on Mon Oct 14, 2013 5:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

wmcmanus

feedback

Post by wmcmanus » Mon Sep 06, 2010 2:37 am

Where I work we receive written feedback along with every paycheck. It's easy to do it at pay-time because everybody is in the office on that day picking up their salary anyways.

It's also a good time to talk about performance objectives or give a short motivational talk before the next month starts.