I'm a Texan. Please help.

<b> Forum for teachers interested in discussing ESL, multiculturalism and teaching </b>

Moderators: Dimitris, maneki neko2, Lorikeet, Enrico Palazzo, superpeach, cecil2, Mr. Kalgukshi2

erimaken

I'm a Texan. Please help.

Post by erimaken » Mon Jun 06, 2005 3:58 am

Hello fellow Texans!
I'm a travel/study-abroad agent in Japan and I'm looking for very short-term (2 wks) EFL courses for mature adults. I'm not looking for English for academic purposes, just English for fun and a chance to use it in real life situations. A half day of study with afternoons off would be ideal. Recommend your school, whatever. I'm all ears. Thanks.

MissTree

Short course -

Post by MissTree » Thu Jun 30, 2005 3:18 am

Hi there. I'm Tree. If you are looking for a short English course in the US, there's an excellent school in San Francisco called St. Giles. Here's their site: http://www.stgiles-usa.com/

Tree

StillWaiting

Short-term Classes

Post by StillWaiting » Wed Jul 13, 2005 7:52 pm

Hello, erimaken!

I work for a small English school in Austin, TX (we're a branch of A.E.S.) that might have what you need. Our classes are all 9:30am to 1:15pm and we have classes for grammar, conversation, idioms, reading, writing, and listening. A 2-wk program usually isn't a problem (students just take a placement test and jump into a class).

If you'd like anymore info just email me: [email protected]

flora01192005

hey

Post by flora01192005 » Fri Jul 22, 2005 2:43 pm

i am Flora,wow i think you have a problem with your enlgish in US right? but why did you talk with your teachers from this subject ?
Flora
Cheers

erimaken

Thanks for responding.

Post by erimaken » Sun Aug 14, 2005 5:47 am

Thank you to those who responded with information. I will check the links you provided or contact you for more information. It had been more than 3 weeks since my post so I had given up and had not been in to check. Regardless of whether the info turns out to be useful or not, it's always nice to hear from others.