Plagiarism Education

Forum for teachers/tutors to find and suggest worthy works and materials

Moderators: Dimitris, maneki neko2, Lorikeet, Enrico Palazzo, superpeach, cecil2, Mr. Kalgukshi2

vsmith

Plagiarism Education

Post by vsmith » Fri Jan 06, 2012 12:20 pm

One of the things that we often tell our students is that they should avoid plagiarism at all cost but what often gets overlooked is whether the students understand what it is or what type of writing is valued by colleges and universities.

Much of the literature similarly reports on how often plagiarism occurs, especially amongst non-native English speakers and what we should do about it, without really considering how students are going to develop into writers.

This website http://sites.google.com/site/plagiarismeducation1/ has a list of papers about helping students learn about plagiarism, how to avoid it and how to write in ways that are acceptable in college and university.

I'd be interested if subscribers to the list have further papers which offer similar practical ideas.

silencedobetter

Post by silencedobetter » Fri Jul 11, 2014 8:36 am

My professor used to always tell us this: "Cite your sources!" "Paraphrase!"

tracy18

Plagiarism resources

Post by tracy18 » Mon Jan 08, 2018 7:15 am

I found this link that lists websites and articles that talk about plagiarism in great lengths. It is a good read for students to learn about plagiarism in detail.