Examples of innovation in EFL Kindergarten teaching & sc

<b> Forum for teachers working with preschool children </b>

Moderators: Dimitris, maneki neko2, Lorikeet, Enrico Palazzo, superpeach, cecil2, Mr. Kalgukshi2

teachera

Examples of innovation in EFL Kindergarten teaching & sc

Post by teachera » Thu Feb 01, 2018 12:01 am

Hello everyone

I'm a relatively new EFL teacher. In a short amount of time, I've been deeply inspired by teaching English to very young learners / young learners. I want to begin creating my own course, and hopefully, a school. My aim is to create something world class because I see no point in thinking small :)

In recent weeks I've been looking for examples of innovative thinking in the EFL kindergarten space. Unfortunately, and despite a lot of research, I can't really find any... all of the books, authors, websites seem to follow the same paradigm of thinking.

Hence, I'm posting here, hoping that someone with more experience and knowledge than me might be able to lead me in the right direction.

I would be very grateful if anybody could point me to examples of innovative thinking in EFL Kindergarten: any books, authors, websites, etc.

In particular, I would love to find any examples of actual EFL Kindergartens / Language schools that I could look at.

And, I'm wondering if there's any innovation in EFL material and teaching methods for the 3-5 year old level.

Again, from what I see, even across countries, the methods are pretty much the same.

I'm not expecting people to post lists and lists of resources, because my sense is that nearly all of available resources (there isn't a lot of books, for example) fall within the same paradigm of thinking. I'm looking, for example, for things / people that are fundamentally different to what's currently available, like Montessori is for regular pre-school education.

I'm mindful that I'm new in this forum/community, and so I haven't 'paid my dues' here. However, I promise to pay it forward (in this or other communities) or to share with others what I find.

Thanks in advance for your help, all replies are welcomed.