Down Syndromes

<b>Forum for the discussion of Applied Linguistics </b>

Moderators: Dimitris, maneki neko2, Lorikeet, Enrico Palazzo, superpeach, cecil2, Mr. Kalgukshi2

KateSmith

Down Syndromes

Post by KateSmith » Sat Jan 31, 2004 6:56 pm

I am glad you excluded nonwhite and female monolingual Anglophones, because I, personally, don't find brown monolingual Anglophones, like the mixed race neoNazi recently in the news, near as offensive as white monolingual anglophones. I also have no problem with female monolingual anglophones, like the Georgian one who is currently battling to remove education from public schools, or the Californian ones trying to remove California's European L1 (Spanish) from their schools.

I wonder about the use of 'Caucasion' though, because doesn't this include brown whites such as all those Asian subContinent and Slavic brown whites, where the Aryan race was born?

And, by 'stupid' do we mean uneducated university professors, illiterate, low IQ, and/or anyone who shows a lack of superior PC thinking in any area including the arts and television?

Or do we mean white adult males with Down's Syndrome who never quite mastered their L1, much less added an L2?

At least Anglophone excludes the Irish, the Russians, the Germans, the French trying to force a mass exodus of Muslims from their country, and a whole bunch of other folks....

Camus! Bad, bad! :roll:

Thanks for the laughs. This board is rather fun. :wink: