Needs Assesment Survey

<b> Forum for the discussion of assessment and testing of ESL/EFL students </b>

Moderators: Dimitris, maneki neko2, Lorikeet, Enrico Palazzo, superpeach, cecil2, Mr. Kalgukshi2

hawaiipacific

Needs Assesment Survey

Post by hawaiipacific » Sun Jul 24, 2005 10:35 pm

I am working on a project to develop a student survey to assess student needs, interests, motivational factors, language learning history, etc.

Has anyone developed a concise 1-2 page survey that might be appropriate for low intermediate-low? highintermediate to high?

Marta_G

Needs assessment

Post by Marta_G » Mon Sep 12, 2005 1:57 pm

I'm not sure if I'm too late to help you but...I just created a needs assessment survey and have found that it's pretty difficult to keep it to only 2 pages. Plus, each needs assessment is specific to the situation, institution etc. A really good resource is Curriculum Development in Language Teaching by Jack C. Richards (2001) Cambridge University Press ISBN #0-521-80491-4
Good luck!

briew76

Trying to Help

Post by briew76 » Wed Apr 26, 2006 6:22 pm

Hey, I have just submitted a survey that I am doing for a master class research project. If I am understanding you correctly you can try to go to this site www.Zoomerang.com and it will allow you to create and send a survey out. You can select from your own emails or it can send it to different emails for you to get results. I hope this helps. I will be doing questionaries and assessments for this class in a couple of weeks but I am not sure if that would be to late.
Would you mind going to my post and answering my 10 question survey to help in my research.
Thank you in advance and good luck on your assessment.