Cambridge Proficiency Exam..

<b> Forum for the discussion of assessment and testing of ESL/EFL students </b>

Moderators: Dimitris, maneki neko2, Lorikeet, Enrico Palazzo, superpeach, cecil2, Mr. Kalgukshi2

drudgery

Cambridge Proficiency Exam..

Post by drudgery » Mon Jul 03, 2006 2:34 pm

Hello, I am currently giving classes for a group of students who intend to take the CPE exam. Before I started, I decided that it would be a good idea to try a few sample papers myself and see how I did. Much to my own relief I did quite well, although I have never managed to get 100% yet. The problem I have is with the reading sections and specifically the part with the various texts and the multiple choice comprehension questions. I have found a few questions where I can't help but disagree with the supposedly correct answer. I have spent hours reading and re-reading the text to try and find some sort of justification for this answer being more correct than the others, but so far to no avail.

So my questions are the following: Has anyone else had problems with seemingly ambiguous questions like this, or am I just being dim? and does anyone know anywhere where an answer key with explanations/justifications for any CPE paper can be found?

Thankyou

eslweb

Typos in English exams

Post by eslweb » Wed Jul 19, 2006 10:32 am

There have been a few typos in some of the reading exams....If you are really sure you have the right answer, it might be a good idea to ask Cambridge University Press or whoever prints your books...

James

P.S. Generally speaking, I've not had too many problems with the answers in the Cambridge test books...