Bilingual Educations future...

<b> Forum for the discussion of all aspects of bilingual education </b>

Moderators: Dimitris, maneki neko2, Lorikeet, Enrico Palazzo, superpeach, cecil2, Mr. Kalgukshi2

Mromero

Bilingual Educations future...

Post by Mromero » Tue Feb 01, 2011 3:17 am

Bilingual education has evolved in the past 100's of years. Now, it has been removed in some school districts throughout the country. What do you think is the future of Bilingual education in the remaining states that still offer bilingual education?

amytrabs

future of Be

Post by amytrabs » Tue Feb 01, 2011 7:17 pm

Unfortuntely I think it will have to deal largely with whether or not there is enough funding for it and the test scores. Also, it could depend on whether districts decide to come up with other ways to support LEP students other than through regular bilingual programs... maybe schools will start to put more emphasis on dual language immersion programs. However, after reading FL, it seems like the states that have restricted BE have not really noticed much of an increase in achievement, in fact, many of noticed a decrease. If the test scores and studies continue to show that restricting BE in CA, Arizona, etc. are not necessary beneficial, maybe it will give other states hope that more funding and more BE programs will be created.

aziza22

Bilingual Education

Post by aziza22 » Fri Feb 04, 2011 5:20 pm

I believe that a positive future exists for bilingual ed. if there is support from legislation. I think that President Obama supports it, however it all depends on the views of those in charge in each state. Also, it always boils down to finances, so if there is no money to pay qualified teachers the program may not work.