Visual Aids

<b> Forum for the discussion of all aspects of bilingual education </b>

Moderators: Dimitris, maneki neko2, Lorikeet, Enrico Palazzo, superpeach, cecil2, Mr. Kalgukshi2

simone.brazil

Visual Aids

Post by simone.brazil » Sat Jun 02, 2012 10:08 pm

As I was reading the book Teaching by Principles by H. Douglas brown, I found great tips to use as visual aids in my ESL classes. Although some stuff mentioned there are simple and easy to find, they are incredible useful, as the self-made paper-based visual aids using pictures from magazines to aid teachers. I love some of his ideas...worth checking them out!

Madeline

Visual aids

Post by Madeline » Mon Jun 25, 2012 9:26 pm

Pictures, maps, graphics and videos are all examples of visual stimuli that help students learn. I love to use pictures in vocabulary lessons, and I enjoy using maps and videos in cultural lessons, to enhance the learning experience. The visual aid method is best for visual learners, but it will help to keep all students' attention because it provides them with images to associate with words. For young ESL students, using cartoon coloring sheets as visual aids to help with vocabulary and grammar lessons will benefit the lil ones. Consistent use of visual aids provides ESL students with a more memorable learning environment.