Teacher Development. (personal connections to teaching).

<b> Forum for the discussion of all aspects of bilingual education </b>

Moderators: Dimitris, maneki neko2, Lorikeet, Enrico Palazzo, superpeach, cecil2, Mr. Kalgukshi2

rasek

Teacher Development. (personal connections to teaching).

Post by rasek » Tue Mar 09, 2004 9:21 pm

This is for aN ASSIGNMENT I have, please if you can, help me!!!

It is about the reflective teacher and the developmnet as a teacher there are 6 easy questions to answer.

Please if you want, send me a message.

rasek

To make this easier!!!

Post by rasek » Tue Mar 09, 2004 9:33 pm

Look this are some questions that I need you to answer.

1.- Do I reflect on teaching and learning in and out of the classroom?

2.- Am I developing myself personally and professionally?

3.- Since I am still learning a language how is this situation reflected on the way I teach?

4.- Am I real in and out of school?

5.- How does language teaching fit into my vision of who I am (becoming) and how I´d like the world to be?

serendipity

Post by serendipity » Mon Apr 26, 2004 1:46 pm

Do you have to find answers to these questions for yourself, or are you conducting some sort of survey that you'd like to present?
Do I reflect on teaching and learning in and out of the classroom?
Who would dare to say "No!" here, even if he/she didn't? Actually, I think that the ability to stop contemplating what's going on in class and to lead a life apart from school and teaching is a prerequisite for protecting yourself against burn-out. Of course you'd want to reflect about teaching and learning, but not to the extent that it gets obsessive.
Am I developing myself personally and professionally?
Again, I can't think of anybody taking this reasonably seriously who'd answer "No" here. If this were a job-interview, though, you'd have to expect that this question is followed up by a "How?", so you'd want a couple of good answers ready.
Since I am still learning a language how is this situation reflected on the way I teach?
Well, you are not perfect in your command of English. I am not perfect in my command of English. Native speakers are not perfect in their command of the language. Everybody's trying to do his/her best, and that's what's reflected in the way one teaches. Actually, being aware of the difficulties that learners face, and remembering the frustrations of *wanting to express something* that you couldn't *quite* put into words may make you more sensitive in this regard.
Am I real in and out of school?
As real or unreal as anybody else. What a strange question.... Maybe the guy who drew it up thought of authenticity here. Even so, I'm not quite sure whether autheniticity is all that much of a factor enhancing language learning.
How does language teaching fit into my vision of who I am (becoming) and how I´d like the world to be?
Well, it's fun. I am a language teacher, and I intend to do that to the day I retire, because it enables me to read anything and everything and pass it on to students, playing with facts, ideas, concepts, descriptions, videos, DVDs, books just as I feel like. And it's a great excuse to travel abroad and to meet all sorts of interesting people, live through fantastic adventures and come home to boast shamelessly in front of an attentive audience of young people who want to grow up to be just like me. I'm going to be there trans-cultural guru and their spiritual adviser, the one person who made a difference in their drab and dreary existance...

Just kidding. When they ask you, don't say that. Think of something more demure and more appropriate. I can't, however, because I'm al ong-time teacher and my ego's about the size of Mount Everest.

But then, you were asking.... :lol: