finding penpals for my Young Learners

<b> Forum for the discussion of all aspects of bilingual education </b>

Moderators: Dimitris, maneki neko2, Lorikeet, Enrico Palazzo, superpeach, cecil2, Mr. Kalgukshi2

manyasha

finding penpals for my Young Learners

Post by manyasha » Tue Jan 03, 2006 12:54 pm

Happy New Year to all the list members from the rainy but rather warm South of Italy.

I'm pretty sure you will be able to help me with this one. I teach at a private elementary school and while the kids are on holiday for two weeks i am developing the programme for the next semester. And one of the things that came to my mind was smth i came across some time ago on the Internet (the problem is i don't remember where i read about it). The idea is finding a class of elementary school students in the UK or another English speaking country who will be willing to have penpals abroad, and putting them in touch with my pupils, so that we could have a whole class exchange. It's a bit early to do this now, cause my pupils are just learning the alphabet, but it might be really useful in the future (giving them the sense of why it can be a good idea to learn English), so i'm hoping someone can share some info on how i should go about with this (cause i know that some schools are running these projects).
thank you for your help
and all the best in this new year!
Masha