key-pal exchange

<b> Forum for the discussion of all aspects of bilingual education </b>

Moderators: Dimitris, maneki neko2, Lorikeet, Enrico Palazzo, superpeach, cecil2, Mr. Kalgukshi2

rheerila

key-pal exchange

Post by rheerila » Mon Sep 08, 2003 8:53 am

How can non-native teachers help kids to develop english through internet? I made my students try to use key-pal exchanges. However my students had some trials, soon they gave it up. I think there are many reasons to stop exchanging. Why do you think they give it up?

jfalfred

Post by jfalfred » Thu Apr 01, 2004 12:55 pm

the exchanging is quite time consuming and guarantees no sure encouraging results.

serendipity

Re: key-pal exchange

Post by serendipity » Tue Apr 20, 2004 4:17 pm

How can non-native teachers help kids to develop english through internet?
By developing their own English though the internet, and by sharing the experience.
However my students had some trials, soon they gave it up. I think there are many reasons to stop exchanging. Why do you think they give it up?
Because it's not all that exciting to communicate with a person who you've never met, who you may have little in common with and who probably can't express herself/himself all that well in a foreign language.

Have you ever tried to keep a key-pal relationship going for an extended period of time? Has it ever led to mutual invitations and visits? If yes, where did you find the people?