Latin music to help teach students

<b> Forum for the discussion of all aspects of bilingual education </b>

Moderators: Dimitris, maneki neko2, Lorikeet, Enrico Palazzo, superpeach, cecil2, Mr. Kalgukshi2

Amanda12

Latin music to help teach students

Post by Amanda12 » Tue Aug 22, 2006 3:48 pm

For anyone who in interested in teaching young students (K-5) about Latin music, I recommend a new album, Ninos Volume 2. It’s similar to the Kids Bop series, however it takes current Latin (Pop, Reggaeton, etc…) hits and re-records the music with children friendly lyrics. Here is the link

Bob_Kylie

Not so sure....

Post by Bob_Kylie » Fri Sep 15, 2006 9:35 pm

I like the idea of using kids albums as a teaching tool, but I'm not sure about the "Reggaeton for Ninos" recommendation.

I came across the following discussion when looking for reviews on some of these albums: http://www.epinions.com/content_245519322756

Seems like "Reggaeton for Ninos" is a controversial album and that the possible sexual innuendo could get a teacher into trouble. A safer choice might be a more neutral album, like Tatiana's "Brinca".

Other comments??
Bob

cuky

Post by cuky » Wed Jan 30, 2008 6:55 pm

In an early childhood bilingual class, music is a must. For learning English Raffi songs are great, Greg and Steve have a series of cd's for early childhood in English and Spanish that are very high quality. Most teacher stores carry them.

In Spanish, I like the Cri Cri songs of old (yeah I've been teaching 26+ years in an early childhood bilingual classroom).

I'll look into some sites for music and post them here later.