Free Sample classroom and self-study materials!

<b> Forum for those teaching business English </b>

Moderators: Dimitris, maneki neko2, Lorikeet, Enrico Palazzo, superpeach, cecil2, Mr. Kalgukshi2

fiona bramble

Free Sample classroom and self-study materials!

Post by fiona bramble » Fri Nov 16, 2007 9:15 pm

Hi everybody,

I've just released the first unit of my new TOEFL ibt text. Writing, reading, grammar, and vocabulary practice. It's free! And great! And useful! www.eslenglish.ca

Let me know what you think :D

Fiona

engteacher

Post by engteacher » Sun Nov 18, 2007 2:05 pm

Some useful things on your site. However, it's not free... except, of course, for some of the samples. My question to you is: Why present it here as free?

fiona bramble

Post by fiona bramble » Sun Nov 18, 2007 4:12 pm

engteacher wrote:Some useful things on your site. However, it's not free... except, of course, for some of the samples. My question to you is: Why present it here as free?
The TOEFL unit IS free! My posting only refers to the TOEFL unit! It is NOT just a sample, it is a complete unit that, if you're a teacher, could be 15 hours of classroom material and if you're a student, some great practice! So far, I've had very positive resppnses from all that have used it. If you are having trouble downloading it, please let me know. :)
All the best,
Fiona[/i]

engteacher

Post by engteacher » Mon Nov 19, 2007 5:46 am

It's not all free... except, of course, for some of the samples and TOEFL ibt - Unit 1: "The Introduction." They are very useful indeed!

My question to you is: Why present it here as free? It implies your materials (all) are without cost. Will TOEFL unit 2 and so on also be free?

Lorikeet

Post by Lorikeet » Mon Nov 19, 2007 6:41 pm

It's presented as free so I won't delete it right away :? It falls in the "middle" area. I don't know what to do with some of these posts. Dave doesn't want advertisements on his pages, but if some stuff is free I waffle between deleting and leaving it. You said the first part was useful. Maybe I'll change the title to "Free sample."