how to doing the business??

<b> Forum for those teaching business English </b>

Moderators: Dimitris, maneki neko2, Lorikeet, Enrico Palazzo, superpeach, cecil2, Mr. Kalgukshi2

serendipity

Post by serendipity » Fri Sep 17, 2004 10:30 am

Dear Cute Cat,

I'm sorry I took a while to respond, this is the beginning of the new school year, and there's loads of work to do, classes to organize, lists to write, forms to fill in, computers to check... I hardly had space to breathe, but it's getting better, and I hope I will be online more regularly.

Hey, that's good news that you met another person to communicate with. I never had the impression that the culture gap between me and you is as profound as you make out the culture-gap between you and this woman. But maybe that's just because we seem to understand each other's English allright - you have improved tremendously since you joined this place! Congratulations!

I'll send you a private message with me phone-number - I'm sure I don't want it displayed here, but hey, if you'd like to phone me, that would be fun. I think you must be something like eight to 10 hours ahead of us, timewise, at least.

Starting your own business is a big step, takes a lot of courage. If you're brave enough, though, then by all means, do!

My trip to the US has been great, lots of adventures, the wildest, I think, was when a camper found a rattlesnake behind the lavatories in the campground, and a ranger caught it and put it into a box. From then on, I kept hearing rattle-snakes everywhere, even the cicadas sounded like rattlesnakes, and I had nightmares about them sneaking into my sleeping bag.

More later....

All the best, and please forgive me,

Eva

cutecat0101

Post by cutecat0101 » Sun Sep 19, 2004 8:37 am

Dear Eva,

Hi, this is a sunshine day, a real bright sunday, but I am lay on the bed and watch TV, just won't to move, sometimes I real enjoy such moment, lay on the bed and watch TV, and chat with my friend. and then find some active, such as go outside, or climbing hills, plays balls..it seems the life always dull, no new blood too add your body, then you will feel oring and tired with such way...

Maybe I am real crazy,I take part in a training class of intermediate secretary, it need to make an examination, yesterday I come to the first lesson, but very disappointed, the teacher doesn't seem professional, in my opinion, the secretary is a profession, and it combine so much subject, I think we need a knowledge teacher who has awide sight and rich experience...in my earlier planning, I will be a excellent secretary, so I still dream of it, and want to have a try,even not engage in all my life.
BY the way, does it need to make acertificate of the profession in your country??I mean when a person want to engage in his occupation??In China to get a certificate of a profession become more and more important, though is the defferent thing compare with a person's ability,and always the certificate sounds like a beauty flower to attrat the bee, but no one knows what it really can work....

But is ok, anyway, I make it as my entertainment for my spare time! I don't know what will you look on such matter..

well, I got to outside to see the sunshine,,and the sky...

cutcat

serendipity

Post by serendipity » Tue Sep 21, 2004 10:24 am

Oh, I hope you got to enjoy the sunshine outside! It was bright and sunny here, too, and that was good as my love was taking part in a marathon. I went with him, cheering and shouting, and sitting in a roadside cafe for a coffee.

In Austria jobs are very reglemented, and you've got to be qualified to do just about everything - certificates are anything but flowers to attract bees, they're the prerequisite for almost everything. Of course, sometimes you're employed just like that, but you usually have to attend courses to gain qualifications.

It's a shame that your teacher is not as professional as you would like him/her to be. For me, it's equally annoying that my students are not as professional as I would like them to be - especially the young ones. Today, they drove me up the wall by failing to bring their note-books and books along, they thought we wouldn't need them, they said.... I mean, hey, isn't it obvious, that when you attend a class you bring your notes along?? I shouted at them, and felt a bit better.

I'm sorry to hear that you perceive your life as dull and lifeless at times.... for me, I'm happy when the pace slows down a bit, and when things are not quite as action-packed as they could be. I don't perceive that as straining.

Well, I'm almost off to the ambulance. Last Tuesday, I fell asleep in the ten minutes between a call coming in and our departure time, so deeply that my colleagues didn't wake me. Dear-oh-dear, some ambulancewoman I am. I'll do better tonight, though.

All the best, Eva

cutecat0101

Post by cutecat0101 » Thu Sep 30, 2004 5:17 am

Dear Eva,

Hi, good morning, This moment I stay at home, I have leaved this company on monday, and just relax at home. the National Days will coming, all the Chinese people will have 7days free from their work, and enjoy their own life. In usual, chinese haven't such public holiday to release from the work, they prefer to work all the time, it seems they haven't the habit to travel, I think the economy really decide the custom of human. after the national days ,I will find another job, and I am not sure what should do, I am think about it. maybe go on the international trade, maybe as a secretary. Any promotion, I will share with you.

To tell the truth, at the first day I leave the company, I feel empty that I was abandoned by the world, I am single, and not belong to any organization, sometimes I think people live with the group and find his value. and I attend the training class, that make me feel come back to my college with my classmate, is a happy days that can't be forget all my life, yet when you experience it, we didn't cherish,the life always regreted by people's jejuneness...Now I understand why you are high on the ambulance corps.

During the National Days, I will concentration on my training and study, and go to Guangzhou for the business investigation--as I have told you that I will do another business: exported candy, by the way , does you country import the candy from other country? or any of your friend do it? if I real do it, could you introduce them for me? I have known some foreign business friend, and they told me that they do little business with such business, but will introduce when meet the need. and when the busines is decide, I will show their picture for you since I need to make a new web for them.I think you will like them, the candy is very interesting, and looks lovely by all kinds of shape with human or animal, is very sweet, I think they would meet your taste..So the first thing I need to know the market of this kind commodity, and then start to design the running pattern...Yes, everything isn't easy with its start, and the success waiting for the challenge. But is ok, anything need to make the first step, and brave people always have more chance to succeed, no matter sucess or not, I will try it. Any suggestion for me?

When I was a little child, I am dream of running a hotel with colorful life, and now I know is a far dream for me, and I still want to realize it, even by running a small shop,I think there's a desire in my body that to lead this world , I don't like to be lead by others, most of the time ,I have my own strong willing to decide the matter, I don't like to hear my boss say, U should do this, and you shouldn't do this, and please go out to buy the cigarette for me....though when you stay in that position, you should bey your boss...I think the boss is very different between your countrys and mine...

hehe, I am very glad to learn that you are always on fighting, you love the beauty and save the pain, that's why the God born the human...I think you working too hard that you need to make a nice relax. the world need more the prople like you to love this world...any time you are the
felicity one, you engage in your intersting career, and yor lover stay with you.

As my lover, I always can't understand why I live with him, since I never feel I love him, maybe we meet in special way with no love, just curious with each other, then togather, I really think there's something wrong between us,because I never feeling the love, for I am a enthusiasm girl that dream of warm and dynamic love story, yet that never happen, and we just live peace, sounds we have known each other thousand of years, and familar with each other, I think I know him well, but he can't never understand me, and never know what I think in my heart. in the early days when we meet, I think we just have a romatic story and then over, but afer a year , we still togather with the unknow reason, sometimes I feel we like a small family just as one of the chinese family, we can love each other just because we live for a long time then kow each other then love each other...I don't know how to make a choose, In my heart ,I have make a millions decision to over this relation!

but this moment I still here, to wait for a event to make a clear direction. and when I am here,I will take good care of him, he is crazy in playing football, and last week he is hurt by his teammate when play on the glass, a little serious, he can't walk, just jump by one foot, lovely like a child, most of the time, he is a boy, a naughty boy, also gloomy,but he plays well, and always be hurt, the real football player did like him...

hehe, I am just a complicate heart...

well,I need to the surper market to buy soemthing to cook for him, u know, the wounded person need to be care with rich nutrition food..

miss you, :P

cutecat

serendipity

Post by serendipity » Fri Oct 01, 2004 9:15 am

Dear Cute Cat,

Yes, I think you're right when you say that the economy determines the habits of a population. We're still used to the good times, with quite a lot of paid holidays and a restricted working-week, but it seems as if times are changing, and as if people are slowly getting used to the idea of having to work harder to sustain the current level of affluence.

I was surprised to hear that you'd given up your job. It's a brave thing to do, in particular if you don't have another job lined up, and I bet it feels strange to have all this time to yourself. Disconnected, maybe, too, from the instance that usually gives meaning to our lives...especially as you don't have children yet. But even stay-at-home moms feel like that at times.

I hope your National Day will be fun, and new perspectives will open for you...

I think we import candy, but primarily from other European countries, and we make chocolate, too. Unfortunately, I don't know anybody in the business, and as retail business is pretty much dominated by the big chains, it would be hard to find a niche - maybe filling stations, they sell candy allright. But again, I don't think I know anybody to put you in touch with.... my friend Andrea, maybe, she runs a mountain hut and they do sell chocolate, too.

I understand the desire to be your own boss and not to have anybody telling you what to do. Here, however, rules and regulations restrict bosses pretty much as tightly as they restrict employees, and then there's the risk of losing it all. No, I wouldn't want to be boss.

I'm not really working all that hard yet, the schoolyear has barely started, but I know that I'll have a strange schedule this year which will give me only little time to myself during the week. At the weekend, however, we'll do things together. Next weekend, for example, we'll probably go kayaking again.

I'm sorry to hear that you feel that there's something not quite right about the way your lover relates to you. I bet if you met someone new, someone who swept you off your feet, your current lover would be history. If it doesn't feel "right" in your heart, it probably isn't meant to be...

Difficult days for you, that's for sure. All the best, prayers and wishes and thoughts...

take care, Eva

cutecat0101

Post by cutecat0101 » Mon Oct 11, 2004 3:39 am

Dear Eva,

Hi, good morning,I am always enjoy your word, and it seems you are my teacher, yes, I can understand why you think so, I don't know how to make clear my life, it sounds like a puzzle to your age, but actually sometimes we do the thing without any reason, just make the decision and with no other new choose for myself, one of my net friend call me simplicity, and reasonless, u know I mean the job, but to me, when I do one job, I will devote all my heart, and since I can't see the future and interest in this job, I decide to leave. most people feel it can't be understand my resignation since I just work for this company 6months, and did not find a new one,,,I think it really can't be catch on by most people..but I do it, maybe I am too young , I just do it with no reason,,and then have some relax, then I will go on to find a new one..sometimes I feel ambivalent for myself..

hehe,,as the business, thank you anyway, you give me your real view and some other information, that's enough. it still under reviewing, you know it isn't a easy thing to do the business you aren't familiar, however, I will try, god bless me..I think there's so many thing need to do when you plan to run a store, you must find a nice place where has a mass of consumer, second you need to consider the cost of all, and still you need to think about how to manage and sells well, that's really a hard work than just work for boss,,but I am curious of the process when you run a shop for your own.everything I am willing to try just like a cat...

As the lover, I think you live happy with him, that's the most important thing than consider the future, I am prefer my love will be nature just it be...maybe you ask more then you lose more.. enjoy the time togather and do what you could for your lover...He tell me that I could be his wife in future, yet I can't see the future, so I can only enjoy this moment and do not think about more....sometimes I am onfuse that is it the love can be produce when a man and a women live for a long time? for me, I believe the real and classical love come into being when meet each other the first time, but not because the time, yet the time can make people produce emotion and find a comfortable way togather...haha, I think you will laugh at me, a childish girl who make a day dream, just like a 18-years- girl... :P

Yes, the life is difficult for me, I stay in the cross road that hard to choose where to go....I am think about it...and I am prepare for the future...

well, I will chat with you next time..I am really happy to meet you on net...you always give me power, and make me see the bright future and the fun of life..I hope you can enjoy everyday with our lover and your family...I think the God is so great, as a human being, many thing can be done , and enjoy...is wonderful... :lol:

warm regards,
cutecat

serendipity

Post by serendipity » Fri Oct 15, 2004 1:37 pm

Well, thanks for the kind words, I'm sorry I haven't responded earlier, but the computer has been down, and I've been running around trying to get someone to get it to work again. I seem to be doing quite a lot of running around these days, maybe because I have quite a workload.

On the weekend, however, I keep away from the computer.

Last week we met our new teacher's assistant, he's a 22-year-old boy from Manchester, England. He was thrilled to bits because the weather was good, and because Austria appeared decidedly un-German to him - we ended up talking quite a bit, and that was fun. He thought I was Scottish, since I have a rather pronounced Scottish accent, and I took that as a compliment.

My mother had a shop of her own - a vegetable store. She said that if I wanted, I could take it over, and I definitely didn't want that - I greatly preferred studying, and was upset when I had to interrupt what I called *my work* in order to put onions into bags, or something. Work seemed to go on and on, no end to it, and no financial compensation, either.

I think you're very brave for being willing to try it, but maybe it is because you're rather spontaneous. For me, I'd always had a goal in mind, and I'd worked for it single-mindedly, no shortcuts and no detours - and I wouldn't dream of changing jobs these days, either. I'm happy where I am.

There are quite a few students of mine whose parents are businesspeople - mostly in the construction business. Would you be interested in what they have to say about it? I could have them write an essay and post it here, just the way it is, no corrections, and you could see that your English isn't all that bad at all in comparison...

Really, you sound very fluent, a lot better than only a couple of months ago. It's truly impressive how much you've learnt. With students like you, it's a pleasure to be a teacher.... and I mean that!

All the best, Eva

Hunter

Business English

Post by Hunter » Thu Oct 21, 2004 5:17 am

I saw your post and suggest you contact me. I have an MBA,and 15 years of international business experience in business development. Now, I teach Business English, and serve as a consultant for people like you.

Send me an email at [email protected], and I'll work something out with you, and even provide drafts for you to copy.

Best regrards,

John Hunter

cutecat0101

where r u??

Post by cutecat0101 » Wed Apr 27, 2005 6:11 am

Dear Eva,

hi,, where r u now??It seems u can't receive me,,because I get no repy from u,does u go out for your risk or forget me?

I should say sorry for my business, since I leave my first company and doing the small business, to run a store,,I am crazy busy,,because everything is new , so many question need to face and settle, I think u r right,,to be the boss yourself,that mean u will lose soemthing important, such as free, and peace and get more noisy..the world is so complex, and different people have his own require,,and u should make the accept your goods and keep the good relationship with the old consumer, it is realy need a patience and careful heart to charge these store. u devote all your time and energy,,then may get nothing as repay, but u learn the truth u never know. and to communicate with all kind's people is a happy game,,their heart agree with u.I think the difference between the eastern and western is the belief,, eastern people more believe others eye and choose something, they prefer to trust other poeple's viewpoint,,but western people maybe trust himself first and then decide buy it or not.. so here as a sall man,,u should learn the poeple well and have a good speechcraft to persuade peope accept u and your goods, unless they like it very much himself, u could say nothing to make he buy it..

how about u??and u lover??I hope u r happy.

hope to hear u soon..

cutecat

serendipity

Post by serendipity » Tue May 03, 2005 8:44 am

Hi, Cutecat,

I'm still around, busy, just like you, but still around.

Yes, it sounds as if you're on to something when you're talking about Eastern and Western viewpoint. It's my impression that in order to sell something to a Westener, you first and foremost have to convince him that your product is what will meet his needs - and if he/she shares this view, then he or she will be prepared to pay any price.

I'm just back from a trade fair in the West of the country - which was interesting and worthwhile in just about every respect - only to find out that my lover had crashed my car.

Dang!

But hey, a lover who's full of regrets and who has a guilty conscience takes extra care to be loving and kind, and that's nice.

All the best, Eva