Looking for ESL Teachers Interested in Interactive Software

<b> Forum for the discussion on how to use computers and technology in the ESL/EFL classroom </b>

Moderators: Dimitris, maneki neko2, Lorikeet, Enrico Palazzo, superpeach, cecil2, Mr. Kalgukshi2

nk126

Looking for ESL Teachers Interested in Interactive Software

Post by nk126 » Mon Jun 27, 2005 9:34 pm

Hello. I'm new to the forums here -- my name is Noah and I'm a teacher in Oakland, CA. I'm actually a technology teacher, and have experience teaching writing (in English) as well as developing curriuclum and educational software.

I'm currently working on a project that may result in the development of some software for use by ESL teachers/students in both classroom and home settings.

I'm very interested to talk with current/former ESL teachers regarding your interest in such an application, your needs in the classroom (teaching aids, tools for students to use independently, automated assessment tools, etc), and also your experience with any software in your ESL teaching.

If you're willing to chat via email/IM and/or complete a research survey I've designed, I'd be very appreciative and interested to speak with you. I will, of course, keep any interested folks up to date on my progress with the project.

Please email me at nk at threebase dot com if you'd like to talk. This is NOT a sales pitch, scam, or any other sort of solicitation to get you to buy anything, I promise This may one day turn into a commercial or otherwise funded product, but at this point it's just some research I'm doing.

Thanks!
Noah

nellied

You may find the following software of interest

Post by nellied » Thu Oct 20, 2005 5:03 pm

Dear ESL teacher,

My name is Nellie Deutsch and I am an ESL teacher just like you. I have been making a difference in my students' lives for over 30 years and am still passionate about my work. I love sharing and have decided to share my fortune with you. You can be part of a growing organization that is making English a truly universal language. Join me to find out how you En101 works and how you and your students can share in the profits. For a presentation join me at: http://www.hotconference.com/software/c ... d=44592848 on October 20 at 17.00 Easter time.

How many times have you heard someone apologize because they couldn't speak English.

How many opportunities have you passed up because you couldn't understand Spanish?

With En101 everyone in the family can start learning English at this very minute online for free lessons. They will have their own private tutor - all day, every day and you to thank for making it happen because they will be learning and earning along with you. You can be part of this revolution.

En101 is an Internet based company on a mission: To bring the people of the world closer together through the promotion of "One World, One Language".

En101.com was born from an idea to teach "everyday" English to non-English speakers from around the world who have access to the Internet. To make it accessible to a large population, it is translated into 19 languages thus far and the number is increasing.

Its personalized (one-on-one) teaching method gives each person a sense of "specialized" learning experience. It is so real that it seems like the teachers are in the same room with the learner.

The expert human audio voices pronounce each and every English word clearly, which is so vital in understanding and speaking the language correctly.

Your students will learn things they want to learn as they follow this structured learning system and before long they will be able to impress their friends and their teachers and feel a sense of accomplishment.

Try the free lessons available by going into the En101. I am sure you will be impressed.

En101 has made over 30,000 sales in four months and is now used in 165 countries.

For further information, e-mail or chat with me online and I will explain how you and your students can learn English and earn money.

Best wishes,
Nellie Deutsch
Sharing is caring

On World - One Language

Paul Rogers

Post by Paul Rogers » Fri Oct 28, 2005 12:59 am

I am the author and voice of a free ESl web site: Pumarosa.com.
It has proven to be quite effective.
If you have any comments or suggestions, feel fre to contact me:
Paul Rogers
[email protected]
805-403-9743