Online English Class

<b> Forum for the discussion on how to use computers and technology in the ESL/EFL classroom </b>

Moderators: Dimitris, maneki neko2, Lorikeet, Enrico Palazzo, superpeach, cecil2, Mr. Kalgukshi2

liz1012

Online English Class

Post by liz1012 » Mon May 07, 2007 6:29 am

I have been giving classes in the Internet for over a year now. My problem is I run out of activities for the students who studied for over 10 months. Can you suggest of a new activities that I could use in my online class? Thank you so much.

kathyfelts

Online Activities

Post by kathyfelts » Wed May 30, 2007 12:39 pm

Which websites have you used? What age and level are your students? My favorite site for younger students is www.starfall.com. For intermediate and advanced students I like www.edheads.com, www.sciencenewsforkids.org, www.iknowthat.com and www.brainpop.com. None of these sites is specifically for ESL students, but they are good and interesting. I used to prepare scaffolding activities for the non-ESL lessons, but these days I let students make their own vocab lists, games and activities.

BTW - what are you using - Skype? MSN? Something else? Are you using application sharing and a whiteboard? Have you tried Pamela or Unyte with Skype? Both MSN and Skype have two-player games which can be both educational and good incentives.

dvasas

Post by dvasas » Sat Nov 17, 2007 6:54 pm

you can try www.teacherjames.com too..