Online ESL Teaching legit or scam?

<b> Forum for the discussion on how to use computers and technology in the ESL/EFL classroom </b>

Moderators: Dimitris, maneki neko2, Lorikeet, Enrico Palazzo, superpeach, cecil2, Mr. Kalgukshi2

the_p0et

Online ESL Teaching legit or scam?

Post by the_p0et » Mon Oct 11, 2004 1:28 pm

Hello!

I've been looking into a couple different websites for teaching English as a Second Language online with a headset andwebcam for students in Japan and Korea. The one in Japan sounds a little dodgy since they say that the only way they can pay us teachers is through a Premium Paypal account which we would need to setup. The other one sounds alright so far.

Has anyone taught online before? I'm not sure how it would work. Are there any good websites for me to check out?

Thanks!

dahzz

online teaching

Post by dahzz » Sat Nov 13, 2004 10:39 pm

Please let me know how you get on with online teaching as I am very interested too. I would appreciate any links to help me get started and will let you know how I get on.

Thanks in advance,

David

englishmaster

Is legit

Post by englishmaster » Wed May 04, 2005 7:07 am

is legit. There are many companies out there already using this function and hiring teachers for this purpose.

kathyfelts

Teaching online

Post by kathyfelts » Fri May 06, 2005 1:15 pm

Hi,
I have been teaching online with a webcam for 8 months and have made a Powerpoint Presentation about my expereince. If you have PP and would like me to email the presentation to to you, just send me your email address and I will. The presentation outlines the system requirements and how I found a company to work with, as well as pay details. I also show some of the good sites for teaching children. I want to do one about teaching adults, but I won't have time until the school year is out.
I don't think you need to worry about setting up a Pay Pal account since having one is very convenient for folks who want to send and recieve money abroad.
I really like to teach online, but there are a few pitfalls and problems with the technology.
My email address is [email protected]
Good luck,
Kathy