Problem with CALL forum subjects

<b> Forum for the discussion on how to use computers and technology in the ESL/EFL classroom </b>

Moderators: Dimitris, maneki neko2, Lorikeet, Enrico Palazzo, superpeach, cecil2, Mr. Kalgukshi2

Lliana

Problem with CALL forum subjects

Post by Lliana » Mon May 09, 2005 3:40 pm

I clicked on some subjects and the same answer appears: Critical error. Could not be connected with database.
Any idea why this happens or what this means?

Leslie Simonfalvi

"Problem with CALL forum subjects"

Post by Leslie Simonfalvi » Thu Jun 09, 2005 8:47 am

"I clicked on some subjects and the same answer appears: Critical error. Could not be connected with database."

Hello

I have a different problem with some forum topics.

Too many extremely good topics cool down too soon with nobody to react on them.

Leslie

Lliana

Post by Lliana » Thu Jun 09, 2005 3:38 pm

Hi. The messages or links I could not read appeared a few days later so I guess it was one of the usual internet problems.There are some "bad" internet days and everyone here blames the server...

As far as your comment is concerned, there's little I can say about CALL since there are no computers at the schools where I work. However, interesting topics with little or no response appear in all forums, or at least the ones I visit most. I think we all have so much to do and answering a message may often take up quite some time. So it happens that you see sth interesting, you say you're going to check it again tomorrow and think of an answer, tomorrow becomes a week after and then you forget all about it. Or, sometimes people ask questions without having a look at older messages so if an issue (eg. discipline) has been discussed over and over again, it becomes really boring. No matter what, you're right but I assume that's a common problem with internet communication.