web-based journal writing

<b> Forum for the discussion on how to use computers and technology in the ESL/EFL classroom </b>

Moderators: Dimitris, maneki neko2, Lorikeet, Enrico Palazzo, superpeach, cecil2, Mr. Kalgukshi2

kang seonhee

web-based journal writing

Post by kang seonhee » Wed Jun 15, 2005 7:57 am

Hi, I'm an English teacher in Korea. I want my students to have a chance to use English in this ESL Cafe especially Students Forum- reading and replying .

it's not easy for them to read and write at first, so i'd like to help them.

Have you ever done that? If you have, i really want your tips or advice as soon as possible., Please~~~~

and if you know a good site to do that , please recommend!

kathyfelts

Students forums

Post by kathyfelts » Wed Jun 15, 2005 12:52 pm

Hi,
I have been encouraging/helping my students write online for years and have found that most of them need to write in class and by themselves in the safety of the classroom before they are ready to venture into the unknown.
You can give them a list of topics and then settle on one topic to pre-write. I like to use graphic organizers - something simple like a web - so that they can go through the phases of writing - brain-storming, organizing, drafting and rewriting - in together in class for their fisrt entry.
No matter how you get them to produce, seeing what they have written can be very empowering!