Internet techcnology: Nature or Nurture

<b> Forum for the discussion on how to use computers and technology in the ESL/EFL classroom </b>

Moderators: Dimitris, maneki neko2, Lorikeet, Enrico Palazzo, superpeach, cecil2, Mr. Kalgukshi2

Zailawati Abdul Wahab

Internet techcnology: Nature or Nurture

Post by Zailawati Abdul Wahab » Tue Feb 21, 2006 4:14 am

hi everyone,
I have been thinking about this topic for such a long time. I would like to hear your opinion about this topic. Previously, I always believe that I always need a teacher to guide me or to teach me a new lesson but it different when I learn about the internet. Sometimes I learnt some new things through my own exploration. What do you think or which contribute more? Nature or nurture?

mesmark

Post by mesmark » Wed Feb 22, 2006 11:18 pm

I like to think of the teacher-student relationship as the teacher is the guide and the student is a learner. If you are capable of motivating yourself and learning without a guide, you don't really need one. It may be useful to meet with a teacher now and then to help you out and get some direction.

So, I think you make great progress with self study whether it's on the internet or in the library. The internet is flashy and fun but I think most programs still lack the depth and ease of use that course books provide.

Mark
_ www.mes-english.com _
ESL Resources for Teachers