Creating custom videos for specific uses

<b> Forum for the discussion on how to use computers and technology in the ESL/EFL classroom </b>

Moderators: Dimitris, maneki neko2, Lorikeet, Enrico Palazzo, superpeach, cecil2, Mr. Kalgukshi2

kathyfelts

Creating custom videos for specific uses

Post by kathyfelts » Thu Aug 24, 2006 2:08 pm

Hi Everybody,

I have a student who is going to Italy and needs to prepare for her trip. I plan to use Marratech (web conferencing tool) to take her on a tour of the airport at Kuala Lumpur, where she will need to use English, and then on to some of the magnificent places in Florence. I have already sent her the Japaese language version of a website about Florence. Since she doesn't know much Italian, I can go by a good Italian-teaching site. This kind of tour is a lot like shopping - you go from place to place to pick up what you want. I can use the shared web browsing function to do the whole tour, and if I like, I can add in some info written on the whiteboard - all recorded and sent to the student in an email. If you would like a copy of the video to see the basic idea - just PM me and I will be happy to send you one.

Take care,
Kathy