Please help us with a list

<b> Forum for the discussion on how to use computers and technology in the ESL/EFL classroom </b>

Moderators: Dimitris, maneki neko2, Lorikeet, Enrico Palazzo, superpeach, cecil2, Mr. Kalgukshi2

kathyfelts

Please help us with a list

Post by kathyfelts » Mon Sep 11, 2006 12:32 pm

Please help us with a list of the best websites and activities to teach English to kids with online instruction (1-to-. I have listed some of my favorites. Please keep in mind that this is for teaching kids up to 18. Therefore, any material that is suitable for little ones - easy songs, online books, nursery rhymes - as well as material for teens can be included. Please be sure to say WHY the material is good.

In the next few weeks we will start catagorizing the material according to type, ie, dictionaries, stories (including audio, video, Flash), songs, rhymes, grammar, writing, science. It is a big job, but I think it can be a big help to teachers, students and parents who are looking for good material.

BTW - does anyone know of a good site for pronunciation for kids? I think this is a much neglected area of kids' ESL. I think that folks often assume that when students start learning English as a young age, they will automatically develop clear pronunciation. My expereince is that this is not necessarily true. Although starting English early generally results in better pronunciation than does starting later, English is a notoriously difficult language to speak well, and the best way to assure that students will develop good phonology and pronunciation is through both direct and indirect instruction.

dvasas

Post by dvasas » Thu Nov 30, 2006 2:38 pm

Hi you can check out our site, it is a paid for site though, but if you or anyone sends me a PM I can send you a free trial to check out. www.englishquest.tw

cheers

kathyfelts

English Quest

Post by kathyfelts » Thu Nov 30, 2006 3:15 pm

Hi,

You can post a link at our site at www.eslwebcamforkids.com. If you have any trouble, please let me know.

Also, I would like to take a look, so please send me the free trial info to [email protected]

Thanks,
Kathy Felts

dvasas

Post by dvasas » Mon Dec 04, 2006 5:07 am

OK done, but I could not post a link on your site, unless you mean the message board?