anyone teach preschool?

<b> Forum for elementary education ESL/EFL teachers </b>

Moderators: Dimitris, maneki neko2, Lorikeet, Enrico Palazzo, superpeach, cecil2, Mr. Kalgukshi2

shannonsensei

anyone teach preschool?

Post by shannonsensei » Fri Mar 24, 2006 12:01 pm

i primarily teach 2 year olds and also have classes with children even younger than that.
i'd really like to bounce ideas around with other teachers who teach a similar age level, but don't see a place on this forum for preschool discussion.
anyone around?
love,
shannon

EFLwithlittleones

efl with tots

Post by EFLwithlittleones » Tue Apr 11, 2006 2:40 pm

Hi Sharron,

I teach and design materials for kindergarten and would welcome a forum dedicated to pre-school (maybe we should get on to Dave about it)...

Teaching kindergarten isn't in my experience taken very seriously in efl. Which is a pity because much can be accomplished in the proto-linguistic primers of fine and gross motor development, social skills and attentiveness. You have I think though got your work cut out for you with children below two years. In many cultures infants aren't even weaned until this age. I know Japan has seen a resurgence in breastfeeding recently and 'baby friendly' hospitals. So are your tots secure in the classroom? How many are there? Do you have any support teachers to help you? What materials do you have? I suppose I should perhaps also ask, do you have a background in nursery nursing?

Lorikeet

Post by Lorikeet » Tue Apr 11, 2006 4:08 pm

I mentioned it to Dave.

Lorikeet

Post by Lorikeet » Wed Apr 12, 2006 12:18 am

Please note the new Preschool forum. :D

shannonsensei

Post by shannonsensei » Wed Apr 12, 2006 11:53 am

will reply to questions in the new preschool forum! woohoo!
love,
shannon