Genki English: opinions & experiences

<b> Forum for elementary education ESL/EFL teachers </b>

Moderators: Dimitris, maneki neko2, Lorikeet, Enrico Palazzo, superpeach, cecil2, Mr. Kalgukshi2

tavel

Genki English: opinions & experiences

Post by tavel » Sat Jul 19, 2014 12:18 am

Has anyone actually used this? I've heard good things about it, but it costs a bit and there seem to be very few reviews. I also lack Wi-fi in my classroom; does it need an internet connection?

Thanks!

KatrinaB88

Genki English

Post by KatrinaB88 » Sat Jul 19, 2014 11:06 am

Hi

I've never used this particular programme, but generally use a lot of online stuff in my classes. Generally I steer clear of stuff that costs a lot, coz it's often just 'not in the price' and nothing very different to alternatives. However I do have excellent wi-fi and usually all these programmes need good, fast connections as the software is 'heavy' and will take forever to load without speedy, reliable connections.

Best

Katrina

EwelinaSuetsugu

Re:Genki English

Post by EwelinaSuetsugu » Wed Jul 30, 2014 3:13 pm

I `ve come across Genki English website. It seems to be good, however it is far too expensive than other good online resources. In Japan English resources are unnecessarily very expensive (I live in Tokyo :-). I teach English to the kids (age 3-12) and I bought very affordable games (over 300), 30 stories flashcards ,songs and videos that go with these stories . I downloaded everything to my server so I don`t need constant internet access to be able to use the teaching materials in the class. I highly recommend this website
www.teachingenglishgames.com

I am really satisfied !!! My students and their parents too!!!
Good luck
Ewelina :)

kensington the funny

Mixed Results

Post by kensington the funny » Wed Mar 30, 2016 6:09 am

Hi there,

I realize this thread's last response was some time ago but I thought I'd add my opinion anyway. The Genki English pack is pretty well put together and very well advertised but I don't know if I would've bought it knowing what I know now. I was kind of in a rush right before I opened my school and thought it would be a nice addition to my fledgling teaching materials collection.

There is a ton of graphics and audio included but you are required to print it all off and, laminate etc. by yourself which really detracts from the concept of buying a ready made "teacher's pack" in my opinion; especially for the price. Further, the really useful stuff is stored on the website itself, not on your downloadable pack. The downloadable segment does include an extensive setof mini-cards but they are in black and white. No idea why.
Richard, the founder, does seem like a sincere and hardworking guy but he would do well to either (A) charge less for the pack or (B) charge more for it and include all the materials printed out and ready for the classroom.