I need help about my research.

<b> Forum for discussing activities and games that work well in the classroom </b>

Moderators: Dimitris, maneki neko2, Lorikeet, Enrico Palazzo, superpeach, cecil2, Mr. Kalgukshi2

juventa

I need help about my research.

Post by juventa » Thu Nov 09, 2006 12:55 pm

My resaerch topic is games and the question is the features/elements that can be taught/learned by the help of games. I'm a Juniour student from Turkey, I'm studying in Cyprus, I am very new to this site if i made something wrong sorry..

Brian

Post by Brian » Mon Nov 13, 2006 8:43 pm

Juventa

There are so many games that people use in ESL, and they can be used to teach just about every aspect of English.

I've used games for spelling, vocabulary, reviewing work, practising discreet grammar points, generation discussion, role play, debate etc etc etc.

So maybe in your report you could look at a selection of games and what area of English each is suited to.

For example - Hangman is a great game to use for reviewing vocabulary from a previous lesson or introducing new vocabulary at the start of a lesson. It also helps students to focus on common spelling patterns.

Hope these ideas help to get you started.

Brian

ESL comics (AND GAMES) ... www.grammarmancomic.com

Sally Olsen
Location: Canada,France, Brazil, Japan, Mongolia, Greenland, Canada, Mongolia, Ethiopia next

Post by Sally Olsen » Tue Nov 14, 2006 5:35 pm

juventa

Post by juventa » Fri Dec 01, 2006 10:38 am

thnaks for your help i need a depe research i think