Respect

<b>Forum for the discussion of Applied Linguistics </b>

Moderators: Dimitris, maneki neko2, Lorikeet, Enrico Palazzo, superpeach, cecil2, Mr. Kalgukshi2

lolwhites

Post by lolwhites » Fri Nov 02, 2007 8:23 am

How about "feel imtimidated by all means - life and language conflicts can get rough after all - but get over it quickly and keep posting". Now that's not wussie advice, is it?
Of course not, but neither is "don't feel intimidated". You seem to feel otherwise but can't explain why.
As Stephen said, this forum is not a substitute for Teddy.
No one said otherwise. You cling onto straw men harder than I ever saw anyone cling on to a teddy.

metal56

Post by metal56 » Fri Nov 02, 2007 9:37 am

Of course not, but neither is "don't feel intimidated". You seem to feel otherwise but can't explain why.
I explained why: it sounds wussie.
You cling onto straw men harder than I ever saw anyone cling on to a teddy

LOL! I see you clinging on to this thread more than most others. Now, are you ready to get back to language discussions. Or do you lack the cojones for a good, healthy battle over usage and application?

lolwhites

Post by lolwhites » Fri Nov 02, 2007 10:26 am

metal56 wrote:
I explained why: it sounds wussie.
Only because you are determined to see it that way!
Now, are you ready to get back to language discussions.
I'm all for language discussions. But "discussion" is hardly the word I'd use to describe many of your posts.
Or do you lack the cojones for a good, healthy battle over usage and application?
Absolutely, but let's not forget that not every discussion has to be a "battle". And let's keep them "good" and "healthy" for once. And no, that doesn't mean "wussy", it just means not beating your chest and breaking branches for the sake of it, silver56. It also means actually listening to what others have to say and responding intelligently. I've been up for that for quite some time, it's you I'm waiting for.

metal56

Post by metal56 » Fri Nov 02, 2007 10:46 am

Only because you are determined to see it that way!
Your determination to see things a certain way has kept you posting in this thread, hasn't it?
I'm all for language discussions. But "discussion" is hardly the word I'd use to describe many of your posts.
Conclusion: don't read or respond to them. OK?
Absolutely, but let's not forget that not every discussion has to be a "battle".
And you can choose to stay out of the ones that are, if they upset you.
And let's keep them "good" and "healthy" for once.
And who will decide when they get unhealthy? You? As I said, stay out of threads that you feel will harm your health and all will be ok, won't it?
I've been up for that for quite some time, it's you I'm waiting for.
If you're always looking in the opposite direction, or, in your case, at the clouds, you'll have miss things and end up waiting, in ignorance, forever.

Hey, Stephen, listen. The forum's singing. Maybe you were mistaken:

Baby let me be,
Your lovin teddy bear
Put a chain around my neck,
And lead me anywhere
Oh let me be
Your teddy bear.

I dont wanna be a tiger
Cause tigers play too rough
I dont wanna be a lion
cause lions aint the kind
You love enough.
Just wanna be, your teddy bear
Put a chain around my neck
And lead me anywhere
Oh let me be
Your teddy bear.

Baby let me be, around you every night
Run your fingers through my hair,
And cuddle me real tight

Now, on with the real show...

:twisted:

lolwhites

Post by lolwhites » Fri Nov 02, 2007 11:20 am

Right. So if there's a discussion going on and you start wrecking it, anyone who doesn't like it has to get out. The most important thing is that silver56 is allowed to stay on top, beating his chest as usual, and anyone who objects is a "wuss".

Thank you for putting things so clearly (for once).

metal56

Post by metal56 » Fri Nov 02, 2007 12:17 pm

So if there's a discussion going on and you start wrecking it, anyone who doesn't like it has to get out.
Incorrect. I said YOU should choose to both not read MY posts and stay out of threads that upset you. You choose.
The most important thing is that silver56 is allowed to stay on top, beating his chest as usual, and anyone who objects is a "wuss".
Naa, not anyone, just you, Fluff and Revel - oh, and now, lucy almostassnowywhiteasyouare.

Lighten up, Lolwh-.

C'mon, sing with me:

Nothing's impossible I have found,
For when my chin is on the ground,
I pick myself up,
Wuss myself off,
Start All over again.

:lol:

Life's good at AL.

revel

"Yonks" (?) ago

Post by revel » Fri Nov 02, 2007 4:39 pm

Revel respectfully requests that his screen name not be associated with such derogatory terms as "wussy". Revel respectfully requests that metal56 not respond to any contribution made by Revel. Revel believes that metal56 has been abusive and unpleasant and does not deserve the bits wasted in this "cat fight". Revel does not believe that metal56 should be banned, but would like him called into line. Revel finds his language and attitude unneeded and restrictive. Revel has indeed chosen to not participate in his own personal way with his own personal point of view in any forum where such behavior is overlooked by moderators or owners of the site. Revel regrets having brought this on all of you and as he has refused to respond himself, I have taken it upon myself to let his thoughts be known. This is not the WORLD for Revel, but it was at one time a pleasant place to share and discuss. It has obviously come down to where it is now and does not deserve to be there. Revel will be removing his posts and name from Dave's in the next few days, so there will be one less for metal56 to lay into with his insults and bad behavior. Revel respectfully suggests that all posters simply ignore metal56 on all levels, that is, not respond to his comments, not post in his threads, let him rave alone. He might just then get the message that he has been too obstinate to receive up to now.

fluffyhamster

Post by fluffyhamster » Fri Nov 02, 2007 6:42 pm

This thread should probably be locked, lest Dave's suffer the AL equivalent of a silverback infected with the Rage virus running completely amok: 28 Posts Later. (I'm off now to finish 28 Weeks Later, you see).

Stephen Jones

Post by Stephen Jones » Fri Nov 02, 2007 10:49 pm

Why are you all wasting your time replying to each other?

fluffyhamster

Post by fluffyhamster » Sat Nov 03, 2007 1:26 am

Probably because we'd prefer to have done with metal within the confines of this thread, rather than need to deal with him further elsewhere in the future. And I suppose that your post there didn't take valuable seconds of your own time to type, Stephen.

Stephen Jones

Post by Stephen Jones » Sat Nov 03, 2007 8:18 am

You could all photoshop yourself on to an aircraft carrier announcing 'Mission Accomplished'.

Lorikeet

Post by Lorikeet » Sun Nov 04, 2007 4:17 am

It's the ultimate irony that a post called "Respect" has so little of it. Most of you know I've tried to be a "hands-off" type moderator, but this thread has passed the point of absurdity. It seems to have devolved into a pissing match. Anyway, I'm locking it. See if you can all play nice. :evil: