Grammar question: using "can" or "could"

<b>Forum for the discussion of Applied Linguistics </b>

Moderators: Dimitris, maneki neko2, Lorikeet, Enrico Palazzo, superpeach, cecil2, Mr. Kalgukshi2

Lorikeet

Post by Lorikeet » Wed Jul 21, 2010 10:53 pm

LarryLatham wrote:Hi Lorikeet.

You are certainly quite the veteran on this forum, although I see you now have some help monitoring the kids to keep them from flaming each other.

Larry
Oh! It just dawned on me that there's a big list of "moderators" who aren't! Dave was testing something and put them all up there, but they aren't real. Least that's what he told me. ;)

LarryLatham

Post by LarryLatham » Wed Jul 21, 2010 11:28 pm

Guess you'll have to spank Dave.

Sally Olsen
Location: Canada,France, Brazil, Japan, Mongolia, Greenland, Canada, Mongolia, Ethiopia next

Post by Sally Olsen » Thu Jul 22, 2010 10:00 am

Hi Larry:
I thought it would be more an autobiography and was looking forward to reading more of your experiences. I can understand the hammock though. It sure is nice to be retired although somehow my days are filling up quickly with an active granddaughter.

Glad that you are keeping us honest Lorikeet.

LarryLatham

Post by LarryLatham » Thu Jul 22, 2010 3:51 pm

Sally, when I read the list of places where you've been and taught, and considering the many wonderful posts you've put up here at Dave's, I would think the interesting autobiography would come from you. Why don't you put your granddaughter down for a nap now and then and work on your memoirs?

Larry

Sally Olsen
Location: Canada,France, Brazil, Japan, Mongolia, Greenland, Canada, Mongolia, Ethiopia next

Post by Sally Olsen » Fri Jul 23, 2010 6:34 am

I wish! She gets up at 7 and doesn't go to bed until 11. Wish I had her energy. Memoirs are done, just waiting on the publisher.

Lorikeet

Post by Lorikeet » Sat Jul 24, 2010 3:23 am

Sally Olsen wrote:I wish! She gets up at 7 and doesn't go to bed until 11. Wish I had her energy. Memoirs are done, just waiting on the publisher.
Oh that sounds exciting! Please let us know when it's published.