Listening Activities Online?

<b> Forum for discussing activities and games that work well in the classroom </b>

Moderators: Dimitris, maneki neko2, Lorikeet, Enrico Palazzo, superpeach, cecil2, Mr. Kalgukshi2

DianaCanadaESL

Listening Activities Online?

Post by DianaCanadaESL » Mon Aug 16, 2010 2:06 pm

I am currently involved in developing some listening activities that would be offered to ELLs online. I would love to hear from ESL teachers - are there enough audio activities online? Would you like to see more? Have you used some and find certain methods effective?
Basically, I don't want to reinvent the wheel, but want to offer something a little different or fill a need - for all levels.
Thanks. Diana.

Lorikeet

Post by Lorikeet » Tue Aug 17, 2010 6:43 pm

I think there is plenty of room for more on-line listening exercises. I hope they will be free. ;)

mesmark

Post by mesmark » Wed Aug 25, 2010 5:01 am

www.123listening.com is a free audio site for teachers of young learners or beginners with matching worksheets and worksheet makers.

As far as listening online, there's a lot if you think of all of the YouTube videos, podcasts, and streaming media all over the Net. Most of it's not great for teaching, too long, too fast, too difficult, ... However, there IS a lot out there.

You Tube seems like the budding star and videos rather than audio might be something to think about.
http://www.youtube.com/user/mesenglish

todorok1

Post by todorok1 » Wed Sep 15, 2010 3:36 am

I've been recommending Randall's listening site for a while now and students seem to enjoy it. http://www.esl-lab.com/
I would definitely be interested in some more listening websites that focus on short excerpts of conversation between native speakers. If it also contained a tapescript and a summary of the difficult phrases and vocabulary included that would be ideal.