Mind mapping softwares

<b> Forum for the discussion on ESL/EFL computer software </b>

Moderators: Dimitris, maneki neko2, Lorikeet, Enrico Palazzo, superpeach, cecil2, Mr. Kalgukshi2

sam17

Mind mapping softwares

Post by sam17 » Thu Feb 17, 2011 3:41 pm

I am sure a lot of you know what mind maps are! These are simple charts that summarize in a few concise points what our thoughts are. We use these tools to organize our mind when we need to learn something or remamber important stuff. I believe using mind maps can be highly useful with teaching English. There are quite a few of these softwares that allow us to create professional mind maps on our computers. For example, Mind Genius or Mind Jet. The only inconvenience is that these softwares are not free. However, we do get free trials, so all you have to do is use it during your 30 day trial for example and then you delete and reinstall it. Thus, you will always be able to use it for free. I think everyone should use mind maps when they want to organize their thoughts or a lesson plan for instance!

longshikong

Post by longshikong » Fri Jan 20, 2012 2:16 am

If you're the non-linear type, check out Visual Thesaurus. There's a limited online demo you can use or subscribe to if you wish. It creates a visual map of related words. Type in a work, then click on any one word and it rearranges the entire array with that word as the new central hub.

http://www.visualthesaurus.com/landing/ ... bgodSiQe6w

ivan123

Post by ivan123 » Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:07 am

There are many different free mind map software that I use. Probably the best one is www.examtime.com

It allows you to create cool mind maps, flash cards, quizzes and notes. It's definitely the best of the lot.