Feedback on a blog

<b> Forum for discussing activities and games that work well in the classroom </b>

Moderators: Dimitris, maneki neko2, Lorikeet, Enrico Palazzo, superpeach, cecil2, Mr. Kalgukshi2

Gerard

Feedback on a blog

Post by Gerard » Sat Dec 03, 2016 2:38 pm

Hi everybody.

I've started a blog recently about the games that I've used in class. I've written about ten posts/ games. My blog is less than two weeks old.
Of course I'm looking to advertise it, but I'm more interested in some feedback about it. What do you think, do's and don't, any comments/opinions are appreciated.
There isn't any ad's, sign up, etc.

Thanks Gerard. www.easyclassideas.com

Gerard

Post by Gerard » Wed Dec 07, 2016 11:00 pm

I've added a Christmas taboo game to my site. Its suitable for primary kids. 18 Christmas vocabulary words are described, kids have to guess the word. Its a PowerPoint activity.

Have a look, thanks Gerard.
www.easyclassideas.com

Gerard

Post by Gerard » Sun Feb 05, 2017 12:57 pm

I've added a few more games and activities in the last few weeks. My newest is a guess the movie activity. Have a look at
www.easyclassideas.com.

Any feedback is always appreciated. Thanks for your time.

JulietHuynh

Post by JulietHuynh » Thu Feb 16, 2017 4:16 am

Hi Gerard,

The blog looks great. I will be honest and say there are times I forget that students like having fun and playing games, so seeing this definitely reminds me that I should incorporate games more. Also, plenty of great ideas here and inspiration. I like that you've reinvented some games (such as Taboo) to fit in with the season or make it more applicable to whatever the main topic is. Also, for the wh-question, you could definitely do a Jeopardy style version of that too.

How often are you updating the blog, though? I'm curious about how much content you're planning on putting up on the blog and in what amount of time.

Great job, though! The instructions are easy to follow, and it's great having the resources readily available for download.

Cent

Post by Cent » Fri Feb 17, 2017 2:47 am

It looks like Gerard's last post was on Feb. 5 which mentions a "guess the movie" game. It looks like there has been a new game uploaded since then. Maybe he will try to post a game once a week or twice a week.
Gerard, I like how you have recently started to give power point and word docs to accompany your games. This makes it easier to try out with the class.
Thanks for doing the legwork. Please continue the good work on your blog.

JulietHuynh

Post by JulietHuynh » Thu Feb 23, 2017 3:48 am

Cent wrote:It looks like Gerard's last post was on Feb. 5 which mentions a "guess the movie" game. It looks like there has been a new game uploaded since then. Maybe he will try to post a game once a week or twice a week.
Gerard, I like how you have recently started to give power point and word docs to accompany your games. This makes it easier to try out with the class.
Thanks for doing the legwork. Please continue the good work on your blog.
I think you're right, Cent. Another game has been posted since.

Gerard, the In A Line game is great. I can see that one working with all types of classes as an ice breaker. Thank you!

Gerard

Post by Gerard » Mon Mar 06, 2017 2:39 pm

Thanks for your replys. It really is great to get some positive feedback from other teachers. Made my Monday, first comments in three months.

The plan is to write something every week, more if possible for as long as I'm enjoying it.

Hope you enjoy the rest of my posts as I post them.

Gerard

Ireland St.Patrick's day

Post by Gerard » Wed Mar 15, 2017 9:53 pm

I've added a PowerPoint for Ireland/Saint Patrick's Day. Might be useful for Friday if your having a lesson to teach about Irish culture.

Basically St. Patrick's life, Irish food, sport, places to visit, Irish language, etc. Skims the surface, a short introduction to Ireland.

Visit www.easyclassideas.com to download for free.

MissA89

Post by MissA89 » Wed May 17, 2017 5:42 pm

Looks like you have a lot of good ideas. I will put it to use in the upcoming school year. Thank you!