Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Prudential Education and Ankara (K-12)

View previous topic :: View next topic  
claka77

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2015 12:34 pm    Post subject: Prudential Education and Ankara (K-12) Reply with quote

I may have a job offer from Ankara from Prudential Education but am getting cold feet (I don't know if I'd be suited to teaching in Turkey after working in China and South Korea). When looking up the recruiters name and organisation online not much comes up on google,etc (I don't know if that's good or bad). Does anyone live in Ankara from this forum? What's it like? Is it easy to have a life outside of work there? Has anyone here taught EFL to students alone in a K-12 school? Would I better to stay in Asia? I'm Australian, 38 years old and I have 4 years experience (with kids aged 8 and up, I've also taught in high schools, language mills and IELTS at a Chinese college), a degree and a TESOL certificate. I guess Turkey appeals to me more as an adventure but I'm curious about teaching there as well (and also as a place where I may blend in a little more compared to Asia, I'm sick of the stares and not being able to get a girlfriend). At the same time, I've also done 'runners' and I really don't want to do that in Turkey if things don't work out (as it's so far for me from home). If anyone has any advice or stories I appreciate your thoughts.
peripatetic_soul

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2015 12:28 pm    Post subject: Prudential Education and Ankara (K-12) Reply with quote

Sent you a PM.

Then there is this (latest posting March 2015):

http://forums.eslcafe.com/job/viewtopic.php?t=107204

You can search information on teaching in Ankara at the SEARCH button under the title, "Job Discussion Forums." Good luck.

Cheers.
askbai

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2015 5:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Prudential Education and Ankara (K-12) Reply with quote

claka77 wrote:
I may have a job offer from Ankara from Prudential Education but am getting cold feet (I don't know if I'd be suited to teaching in Turkey after working in China and South Korea). When looking up the recruiters name and organisation online not much comes up on google,etc (I don't know if that's good or bad). Does anyone live in Ankara from this forum? What's it like? Is it easy to have a life outside of work there? Has anyone here taught EFL to students alone in a K-12 school? Would I better to stay in Asia? I'm Australian, 38 years old and I have 4 years experience (with kids aged 8 and up, I've also taught in high schools, language mills and IELTS at a Chinese college), a degree and a TESOL certificate. I guess Turkey appeals to me more as an adventure but I'm curious about teaching there as well (and also as a place where I may blend in a little more compared to Asia, I'm sick of the stares and not being able to get a girlfriend). At the same time, I've also done 'runners' and I really don't want to do that in Turkey if things don't work out (as it's so far for me from home). If anyone has any advice or stories I appreciate your thoughts.

How are you liking it there? I have an interview with them and I'm a little nervous because they don't offer housing. How was it for you?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Turkey All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: