Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Teaching Jobs in the Tropics???

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Australia/New Zealand
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Yorrick85

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 6:00 am    Post subject: Teaching Jobs in the Tropics??? Reply with quote

Hey Guys,

I have been teaching for a while in frosty Japan and am well and truly tired of the cold and the rain. I am interested in relocating to an Island somewhere in Oceania. My main criteria is that it be sunny, warm and safe.

The little bit of research that I have done leads me to think that there is not a huge job market for ESL teachers in this area discounting places like Australia and New Zealand and most jobs are in international schools requiring a valid teachers licence.

I have a Masters in TESOL, TESOL Certificate 4 and a Bachelors degree in Mass Communications. I also have over 5 years teaching experience in Australia and overseas. I love working with little kids and most of all I love teaching english.

Does anyone have any advice on where to start and what is the general lay of the land in terms of job markets etc??? Is there any chance of working in an international school without an education degree??

Thanks!!!
keitepai

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 3:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello,

Do you want to work in an internatonal K12 school? I dont think there are that many around down under...try Jakarta, Singapore etc. There is an Australian international school in Singapore I know of.

I have heard that international school jobs in Asia are being snapped up and all the best schools have hundreds of applicants for each position. I cant comment on ESL jobs.

In my experience international schools want a teaching degree and teacher registration/certification but there is always someone on here with an example proving otherwise! You can only try but the hiring season is pretty much finished now unless you can pick up a short term fill in.

Good luck Very Happy
Yorrick85

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the advice!

Is anyone out there teaching in Brunei? I was considering it as an alternative to freezing Japan. I hear the weather there is delightful. Very Happy

Can anyone tell me anything about what it is like teaching living there? I have worked in Dubai so I am guessing it may be similar?
flyer

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 5:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well, there are warm sunny places in Japan too
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Australia/New Zealand All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: