Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Buy rubles, comrade!
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Current Events Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ancient_dweller

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

my predictions on the ruble were wrong - right when the oil price decided to crash.... 49r to the �1!

if you'd saved 250,000r that just went from �5555 to �5100 overnight! Crying or Very sad
Captain_Fil

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tttompatz wrote:
Captain_Fil wrote:
Sorry guys. But the US dollar is still strong.

While vacationing in the Philippines last year, I was able to enjoy the most luxurious amenities at affordable prices: lavish dinners, lavish lunches, whole body massage, quality dental care, designer clothes, premium cigars, fine chocolates, etc.

That's right. The US dollar still has great purchasing power in developing countries.

I can't wait to go back...

Cool

LOL... Very Happy or more aptly, ROTFLMAO Laughing .

The US economy is in the toilet, the dollar and T-bills have lost 30% of their value against a LARGE number of currencies and are still nosediving even against such poor currencies as the PHP.

Prior to the crash you used to get 55 PHP for 1 dollar. Now you only get 40 PHP for your dollar.

Double dip recession coming soon to a country near you there Capt_Fil - buy your pesos now cause they are only going to get more expensive.

You may be laughing at me now, Tom. But I'll be having the last laugh. Laughing

When I'm back in the Philippines in November, I'll still be enjoying affordable amenities...relaxing rubdowns, beautiful beaches, fantastic food, spectacular sightseeing, lovely ladies, etc.

All of this, while the world is collapsing around me (riots, recessions, etc.).

Cool
tttompatz

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Captain_Fil wrote:
You may be laughing at me now, Tom. But I'll be having the last laugh. Laughing

When I'm back in the Philippines in November, I'll still be enjoying affordable amenities...relaxing rubdowns, beautiful beaches, fantastic food, spectacular sightseeing, lovely ladies, etc.

All of this, while the world is collapsing around me (riots, recessions, etc.).

Cool

Your November holiday is my every day (massages for $3 per hour, meals for $1 and a house on the hill overlooking my beach) and you still have to return to the recession when you are done.

My house was bought and paid for (by working in EFL) when the dollar still had some value and I have no debts to sweat over (EFL in Asia is such a heavy cross to bear).

Get out of dollars. Buy something that has value (coffee, bananas, rice).

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Current Events Forum All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: