Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Seasons Greetings

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Mexico (off-topic)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Phil_K

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 7:53 pm    Post subject: Seasons Greetings Reply with quote

A very happy Christmas/Feliz Navidad to all my fellow forumers. What are your plans?

I said I wanted to spend this Christmas out of the city...and we are going the million miles all the way to Hidalgo, with extended family!

Start at Real de Monte (have a pastie (a bit of home food!)), continue to Santa Mar�a Regla, visit the Hacienda - they have a fascinating tour and a lot of history. Stay in a caba�a at the Prismas Bas�lticos and drop in on Huasca de Ocampo (beautiful town). Done it all before, but none of the family has, and it should be a peaceful Christmas.
Guy Courchesne

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Merry Christmas to all!

Spending the holidays at home after spending last year in Canada. We have a two-month old to introduce Christmas to, quietly. This season is a lot more hectic with kids...

Turkey vales (!!) will be hosting a dinner this Friday.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Isla Guapa

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guy Courchesne wrote:
Merry Christmas to all!

Spending the holidays at home after spending last year in Canada. We have a two-month old to introduce Christmas to, quietly. This season is a lot more hectic with kids...

Turkey vales (!!) will be hosting a dinner this Friday.

I didn't know you could get vales for turkeys. Of course, working for myself, I don't receive vales for anything.
Guy Courchesne

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The ASF gives out 200 pesos in vales for turkey...printed right on them that they can only be used for turkey. Not sure if that's common elsewhere.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Isla Guapa

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guy Courchesne wrote:
The ASF gives out 200 pesos in vales for turkey...printed right on them that they can only be used for turkey. Not sure if that's common elsewhere.

That's interesting, and useful. Does it do the same for Thanksgiving? After all, it is the American School Foundation.
Guy Courchesne

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 1:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Isla Guapa wrote:
Guy Courchesne wrote:

That's interesting, and useful. Does it do the same for Thanksgiving? After all, it is the American School Foundation.

No extra vales but they do give the full week off work. The trade off is only a week at Semana Santa.
Prof.Gringo

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2011 6:26 pm    Post subject: Merry Christmas! Reply with quote

SEAsons Greetings to everyone! Hope it is a good one!
EFLeducator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2011 7:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Merry Christmas! Reply with quote

Prof.Gringo wrote:

Thanks Prof. Gringo!!! 2012 is going to be a GREAT year I am sure. Let's continue to help all of the newbies on this great forum...Daves.

Daves esl cafe is the best place for newbies to get tons of useful information!

DAVES...fair & balanced.
Prof.Gringo

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2011 4:19 am    Post subject: Re: Merry Christmas! Reply with quote

EFLeducator wrote:
Prof.Gringo wrote:

Thanks Prof. Gringo!!! 2012 is going to be a GREAT year I am sure. Let's continue to help all of the newbies on this great forum...Daves.

Daves esl cafe is the best place for newbies to get tons of useful information!

DAVES...fair & balanced.

Hope to make 2012 the BEST ever!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Mexico (off-topic) All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: