Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How much do computers cost in Spain? (and internet)

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tiger Beer

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2003 7:13 pm    Post subject: How much do computers cost in Spain? (and internet) Reply with quote

I'm planning to be in Spain in April. However, I have a desktop (not a laptop). I prefer desktops as well. My question being how much does it cost to buy a desktop computer in Spain (more or less). Thinking particularly on the low-end of the market.

An additional question, how much is the Internet in Spain? Both hooked up at home, and in Internet Cafes?
gsbcn08080

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2003 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I pay 45 euros monthly for my connection with Telefonica. I can use Internet 24 hours a day.
Tiger Beer

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2003 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gsbcn08080 wrote:
I pay 45 euros monthly for my connection with Telefonica. I can use Internet 24 hours a day.

NICE! Thanks. And a desktop computer? cheapest?
gsbcn08080

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2003 7:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No idea about that but you could check second hand ones on the Spanish ebay called www.ibazar.es.
avahanian

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2004 1:30 am    Post subject: Re: How much do computers cost in Spain? (and internet) Reply with quote

Tiger Beer wrote:
I'm planning to be in Spain in April. However, I have a desktop (not a laptop). I prefer desktops as well. My question being how much does it cost to buy a desktop computer in Spain (more or less). Thinking particularly on the low-end of the market.

An additional question, how much is the Internet in Spain? Both hooked up at home, and in Internet Cafes?

Hi,

If you're ever in Madrid, go to the Easy Everything Cafe after midnight (they are open 24 hours), you can often use the Internet for 2, 3, 4 hours only for 1 Euro !

Keep an eye out as they change their rates depending on how many people are there and the time of day/night.
BCNorBust

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2004 4:03 pm    Post subject: home internet connection Reply with quote

I saw the post on telefonica charging 45 euros/month for internet. Is that DLS or cable or (God forbid) dial-up?

Does anyone know about wireless internet in Madrid? It's very popular here in New York City and is gaining popularity in most major cities -- all you need is a wi-fi card for your laptop, and then you can "search" for hotspots. Are there any in Madrid??
gsbcn08080

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2004 8:58 am    Post subject: ADSL Reply with quote

It is for ADSL I use it and it works very well. I had AUNA before and it was terrible, if it breaks down noone will come to repair it, I was without internet for a month, theY kept saying they would come but never did.
Tiger Beer

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2004 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it possible to be totally hooked up with a desktop computer (with monitor) for under 750 Euros?
Mouse

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2004 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, it is, depending on the specifications you need, and where you're buying from.
Tiger Beer

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2004 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Mouse.

Are you in Spain yet? I'll be there Saturday April 10th.. (for the next year)..
Mouse

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2004 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I've been here for about three and a half months now, Tiger. Good luck with your flight over (I know it's par for the course these days, but I can't shake the wonder of travelling around the world with such ease). If you need me to have a look at some computers to give you a better idea before you arrive (if you're wondering whether to bring one with you), just say the word.
Eric Paice

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2004 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Telefonica adsl is 39.90 euros a month 24 hour connect via a free usb modem running at 256 MB/S.

A fiend of mine got an airis pc, 80 GB hard drive, 256 MB memory, Intel 3 GHz chip, DVD R/W, ethernet 100/100 port, 6 usb ports, windows XP plus the usual nonsense for 599 Euros. Didn't get any useful software though but he already had MS Office so it didn't matter.

Good web buy site is www.tiendapc.com They take a few days to deliver but they DO deliver and they are a lot cheaper than the stores.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Spain All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: